Washing Black Compression Shorts with a White Gi?

S

SickyGnarwhal

When I train, I train twice a night after a day of school. After training, all I can think about is hitting the sack, but I have to do two loads of laundry, because my rashguard and compression shorts are black, while one of my gis is white.

Since the rashie and shorts are made from synthetic materials, could I wash them with my white gi without any adverse effects?

I wash my tights with the rest, nothing has happened. I only use a Nike Pro one though, not any grappling specialized ones.

I usually wash my black compression shorts and rash guard with my gi and no problem. i always make sure its washed in cold water just in case.

The only time you really have to watch out with that is when they're brand new. Once they've been washed a few times you'll get minimal bleeding. I did make the mistake of doing this with an almost new one (I just wear under armor under my gi) and it turned things grey. Luckily my gi wasnt in that load. . .

The only time you really have to watch out with that is when they're brand new. Once they've been washed a few times you'll get minimal bleeding. I did make the mistake of doing this with an almost new one (I just wear under armor under my gi) and it turned things grey. Luckily my gi wasnt in that load. . .

This. After the first couple of washes, rashies and compression shorts don't bleed much so you should be okay.

Thanks for the continued input, guys. :icon_chee

This. After the first couple of washes, rashies and compression shorts don't bleed much so you should be okay.

Does this hold true with colored kimonos as well?

Just wash everything in cold. Make sure to get a detergent for cold washing as well, otherwise you're wasting your time.

Tide and Cheer both make a detergent specifically for cold cycles. My wife uses some organic shit, I forget what it's called.

Just wash them on cold cycle and they'll be fine together. The only time you should keep things separate is if you have something that's dyed (black, blue, red, whatever) and hasn't been washed before (something new). Typically any color runoff that's going to happen takes place during that first wash, after that on cold cycle there's usually no color bleeding.

I've never had any of my rashwear (various brands/mostly black) bleed through either hot or cold wash

I've always washed my rashguards and compression shorts separately from my gi because I thought that the gi beating against them in the washing machine would weaken the fabric and cause them to rip and stuff more easily. Have I just been wasting my time (and thousands of gallons of water) all of this time?

I've always washed my rashguards and compression shorts separately from my gi because I thought that the gi beating against them in the washing machine would weaken the fabric and cause them to rip and stuff more easily. Have I just been wasting my time (and thousands of gallons of water) all of this time?

Prolly.

It all goes in the washer together and then into the dryer together. No problems

Back