Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 4

Why was my Elden ring thread in the arcade disappeared? I didn’t get any notification it just vanished.

Why was my thread regarding the appropriateness of the Netflix show "Cuties" deleted? It's a totally reasonable question and discussion for the War Room.

Why was my thread regarding the appropriateness of the Netflix show "Cuties" deleted? It's a totally reasonable question and discussion for the War Room.

To reiterate a point I made a few weeks ago in this thread a few posts up:

Very simply, don't make threads or posts about pedophiles. This forum is not a place for any pedophile discussion, statistical or otherwise. Take it somewhere else. We don't need it. We don't want it.

The rule for "No pedophile/incest threads/posts/images" is very direct and long-standing. It's not up for questioning or discussion in the War Room or other subforums. I'm direct and blunt when it comes to this subject because Sherdog is not the place for that kind of discussion. Accusations towards the staff or company of defending or taking the side of abuse towards children are extremely inappropriate and infraction-worthy. I can't be more clear about this.

The rule for "No pedophile/incest threads/posts/images" is very direct and long-standing. It's not up for questioning or discussion in the War Room or other subforums. I'm direct and blunt when it comes to this subject because Sherdog is not the place for that kind of discussion. Accusations towards the staff or company of defending or taking the side of abuse towards children are extremely inappropriate and infraction-worthy. I can't be more clear about this.
But, of course you know that the thread defended no such behavior and contained no such images. The thread very clearly highlighted an important moral dilemma that is being promoted by a major outlet. Accusing me of promoting something Netflix is selling in plain view is ludicrous and a knowingly false statement...

But, of course you know that the thread defended no such behavior and contained no such images. The thread very clearly highlighted an important moral dilemma that is being promoted by a major outlet. Accusing me of promoting something Netflix is selling in plain view is ludicrous and a knowingly false statement...

Sherdog itself is here for monetary gain. It's not a free speech forum. A majority of posters here are young white males, its the demographic for mma.

The business side of Sherdog won't allow the discussion because they don't want this site labeled in a certain way. It's about money, always about money.

Sherdog is one of the larger active forums on the internet, can't alienate advertisers when money is involved.

Sherdog itself is here for monetary gain. It's not a free speech forum. A majority of posters here are young white males, its the demographic for mma.

The business side of Sherdog won't allow the discussion because they don't want this site labeled in a certain way. It's about money, always about money.

Sherdog is one of the larger active forums on the internet, can't alienate advertisers when money is involved.
I would say that says something about the advertisers that would want to sweep that topic under the rug.

No offense, but this is not a valid excuse for deleting his, and now my, thread on a Netflix movie that isn’t about pedophilia or incest. It’s sort of a topical and big story going on right now and all of the discussion I’ve seen has been against the film, I haven’t seen anyone accusing Sherdog of “taking the side” of it.

you’re argument is like saying we can’t have 9/11 threads because we have a strict rule about promoting violence. It’s nonsensical.

I’m fine if it’s the “we make money and this is bad for business” reason by the way. That one makes sense.

my .02.

On a staff member's page, you made a post insinuating that Sherdog's official position is in favor of that show and that content. Quoting here, "Hey, curious guy. Who deleted the "Cuties" thread without explanation and for what reason? Is Sherdog's official position on Netflix' new show in the affirmative?"

I'm putting a stop to that now. Accusing Sherdog of this ludicrous assertion won't be tolerated. The rule is the rule, and it doesn't matter what you, other posters, or anyone else besides the company thinks. No threads about pedophilia is about as clear-cut of a rule as it can be, regardless of how people stand. The thread contained plenty of images and videos and graphic discussion about the content, and it was properly deleted, period.

To one point I will agree, this forum is a privately owned website; the rights to free speech do not apply. In the same rules that clearly write that there are to be no threads about pedophilia, it says the following: "Do not plead the first amendment and cite your right to free speech. It does not apply to the private sector. This is a privately owned website. Dancing around the rules, purposely skirting them just to see us twitch will not help you out much, either."

While normally I would be a little less harsh about this, it's zero tolerance, we have no interest in hosting threads about these topics on Sherdog. There's no argument anyone can make in favor of it that will change this ruling. If people want to talk about this topic, they can take it elsewhere.

No offense, but this is not a valid excuse for deleting his, and now my, thread on a Netflix movie that isn’t about pedophilia or incest. It’s sort of a topical and big story going on right now and all of the discussion I’ve seen has been against the film, I haven’t seen anyone accusing Sherdog of “taking the side” of it.

you’re argument is like saying we can’t have 9/11 threads because we have a strict rule about promoting violence. It’s nonsensical.

I’m fine if it’s the “we make money and this is bad for business” reason by the way. That one makes sense.

my .02.
No offense, but it doesn't matter what you think is "valid" when it comes to this topic. See the above text for a poster accusing Sherdog of "taking the side" of it.

And your whataboutism arguments about other rules like violence don't apply, so don't waste your time arguing in favor of someone's "right" to make a thread on a topic based on it being a "big story." Let it go. This shouldn't need to be a hill to die on for anyone on this forum. There are so many other things to discuss on here.

On a staff member's page, you made a post insinuating that Sherdog's official position is in favor of that show and that content. Quoting here, "Hey, curious guy. Who deleted the "Cuties" thread without explanation and for what reason? Is Sherdog's official position on Netflix' new show in the affirmative?"

I'm putting a stop to that now. Accusing Sherdog of this ludicrous assertion won't be tolerated. The rule is the rule, and it doesn't matter what you, other posters, or anyone else besides the company thinks. No threads about pedophilia is about as clear-cut of a rule as it can be, regardless of how people stand. The thread contained plenty of images and videos and graphic discussion about the content, and it was properly deleted, period.

To one point I will agree, this forum is a privately owned website; the rights to free speech do not apply. In the same rules that clearly write that there are to be no threads about pedophilia, it says the following: "Do not plead the first amendment and cite your right to free speech. It does not apply to the private sector. This is a privately owned website. Dancing around the rules, purposely skirting them just to see us twitch will not help you out much, either."

While normally I would be a little less harsh about this, it's zero tolerance, we have no interest in hosting threads about these topics on Sherdog. There's no argument anyone can make in favor of it that will change this ruling. If people want to talk about this topic, they can take it elsewhere.

No offense, but it doesn't matter what you think is "valid" when it comes to this topic. See the above text for a poster accusing Sherdog of "taking the side" of it.

And your whataboutism arguments about other rules like violence don't apply, so don't waste your time arguing in favor of someone's "right" to make a thread on a topic based on it being a "big story." Let it go. This shouldn't need to be a hill to die on for anyone on this forum. There are so many other things to discuss on here.

I didn’t see whoever actually accused Sherdog staff of anything - but, maybe just delete his post and thread-ban him, instead of the entire thread?

I wasn’t arguing “rights” I was arguing consistency. You’re picking and choosing which rules will actually apply and how they will to get to the result you want. I’m fine with “we just don’t want to be associated with that material” but just say that. I purposely included US Senators talking about the film to keep it inline with political involvement war roomy topics and atleast when I went to bed around 2 pages in there was no “Sherdog/Netflix/X person are pedophiles. So unless it just went off the rails while I slept I don’t agree with your assessment - which I know doesn’t matter. Just sayin.

There’s an obvious delineation for sherdog of certain things that you can’t do. This is a website that you should be able to open at work without getting fired. If you want to talk about pedophillia, post pictures of people dying, post tits etc... then go to websites like 4chan or whatever. This was an MMA forum that has been expanded and grown into a lot of sub communities. It’s ultimately not equipped or intended to suit conversations of certain topics. Period.

You might think it’s about your freedom of speech etc...But think about the websites ability to hire writers, book advertisements, and ultimately continue to provide a forum that we currently enjoy. The success of sherdog depends on all of the arms working together. No one wants to be associated with a website that has a gnarly, disgusting, or overly sexual nature to it. Quite frankly, whether you agree or not, there’s certain things we simply can’t allow without jeopardizing the ability to maintain our community

Last edited:
There’s an obvious delineation for sherdog of certain things that you can’t do. This is a website that you should be able to open at work without getting fired. If you want to talk about pedophillia, post pictures of people dying, post tits etc... then go to websites like 4chan or whatever. This was an MMA forum that has been expanded and grown into a lot of sub communities. It’s ultimately not equipped or intended to suit conversations of certain topics. Period.

You might think it’s about your freedom of speech etc...But think about the websites ability to hire writers, book advertisements, and ultimately continue to provide a forum that provides the current forum we have. The success of sherdog depends on all of the arms working together. No one wants to be associated with a website that has a gnarly, disgusting, or overly sexual nature to it. Quite frankly, whether you agree or not, there’s certain things we simply can’t allow without jeopardizing the ability to deliver the service we already do.

this is an understandable and justifiable position. Only thing I took issue with was the “we have a rule” nonsense explanation. I’m fine with my thread getting deleted knowing that now but didn’t take kindly to what seemed like insinuating I’m
too dumb to understand what the forum rules say.

why was my 600lb life thread deleted from p&m?
was it the blurred vaginas, the removed skin, or y'all hating on my sideshow circus?
lol genuinely curious which it was so i can know if i can redo it but make it more appropriate for the forum xx

why was my 600lb life thread deleted from p&m?
was it the blurred vaginas, the removed skin, or y'all hating on my sideshow circus?
lol genuinely curious which it was so i can know if i can redo it but make it more appropriate for the forum xx
Please don't.

A thread about someone urinating, and having pieces cut out of them, and whatever else was going on isn't appropriate for the forum.

I had a thread about how Michael Johnson vs. Conor McGregor would go. There was intelligent discussion going on. Not sure why it got deleted.

Hi guys,
I posted a thread called ;'What if Gaethje has to pull out...' in the UFC discussion page. It has been moved to Lightweights, but Im not sure why. I would like to understand the reason, so that I can learn from it.

Thanks for checking

Hi guys,
I posted a thread called ;'What if Gaethje has to pull out...' in the UFC discussion page. It has been moved to Lightweights, but Im not sure why. I would like to understand the reason, so that I can learn from it.

Thanks for checking
Threads about hypothetical fighter withdrawals typically get moved there. We prefer to let fight week happen and deal with it accordingly, not preemptively worry about if some fighter pulls out.

Threads about hypothetical fighter withdrawals typically get moved there. We prefer to let fight week happen and deal with it accordingly, not preemptively worry about if some fighter pulls out.
Okay! Thanks for the explanation

Back