Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also appears I was infracted for that thread? Again, I haven't received any notification of this. What rule was supposedly broken? As far as I'm aware that thread was a relatively mundane WarRoom anti-abortion thread, and I had said anything that would warrant an infraction.

You were sent a notification message, "Your thread completely misrepresents what that person tweeted". You claimed that person was encouraging black women to have abortions, but she said no such thing.

You were sent a notification message, "Your thread completely misrepresents what that person tweeted". You claimed that person was encouraging black women to have abortions, but she said no such thing.

That's a completely accurate characterization of the tweet. Here is an article by Ben Shapiro that comes to the same conclusion:
http://www.dailywire.com/news/22989/planned-parenthood-encourages-black-women-america-ben-shapiro
Planned Parenthood Encourages 'Black Women in America' To Choose Abortion Over Pregnancy

My interpretation of the tweet was completely legitimate. And futhermore, you infracted me for what exactly?

This was the content of the tweet

If you're a Black woman in America, it's statistically safer to have an abortion than to carry a pregnancy to term or give birth #ScaryStats

Not really encouraging at all.

If you're a Black woman in America, it's statistically safer to have an abortion than to carry a pregnancy to term or give birth #ScaryStats

Of course it is. Its telling them abortions are safer.
Like I said, Ben Shapiro came to the same conclusion, and if you read the comments on the tweet, so do many others.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/22989/planned-parenthood-encourages-black-women-america-ben-shapiro (Ben Shapiro) article. That was a completely reasonable reading of the tweet.

That's a completely accurate characterization of the tweet. Here is an article by Ben Shapiro that comes to the same conclusion:
http://www.dailywire.com/news/22989/planned-parenthood-encourages-black-women-america-ben-shapiro
Planned Parenthood Encourages 'Black Women in America' To Choose Abortion Over Pregnancy

My interpretation of the tweet was completely legitimate. And futhermore, you infracted me for what exactly?

i came to ask about this deletion

i was under the impression that you can copy the title of an article from a major media source, if you want to discuss the article

if the article is wrong, then you bash the person who wrote it. thats pretty common practice, i havent seen threads deleted from quoting article titles. just like when madmick made his "shakes the presidency" thread, it was considered fine because even if the presidency isnt shaken, thats the title of the article he quoted in the OP

if a car salesman told me that car A is safer than car B, would you say hes encouraging me to purchase car A?

especially coming from planned parenthood, who conducts abortions as one of their major functions, and gets money from selling parts of the fetus, thus profiting from abortions

i dont think the argument is preposterous enough to delete the thread so that it cant be discussed

If Planned Parenthood tells black women that they are safer having an abortion rather than giving birth, that sounds like they are encouraging aborting black babies.

I mean were talking about the nation's number 1 abortion provider. Couldn't this possible be construed as encouraging or at least promoting a little bit? But regardless of you or Fogies opinion, some people who are passionate in pro-life could interpret it as encouraging. Is it really fair to give infractions for how people perceive something (that isn't inherently against the rules)? If reading comprehension and logic were policy rules this site would be a ghost town.

Also, how familiar are you with Planned Parenthoods founder Margaret Sanger, her eugenics advocacy and her birth control marketing in poor African American communities? This isn't CTer stuff. It's well documented.

if a car salesman told me that car A is safer than car B, would you say hes encouraging me to purchase car A?
Exactly.

I think it comes down to overmoderating the forum for topics that some don't like.

Exactly.

I think it comes down to overmoderating the forum for topics that some don't like.

i can understand changing the thread title, so that its clear its coming from shapiro/the daily wire, but to delete the thread AND infract the thread starter seems ridiculous

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/p...-black-women-to-abort-their-children.3646909/

The Planned Parenthood thread was dumped for reason:
Your thread Planned Parenthood Still Achieving Its Goals: Tweet Encourages Black Women To Abort Their Children was moved to a different forum. Reason: The org that tweeted that is in support of, but not part of, Planned Parenthood

But this is incorrect, as I pointed out in the thread. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is a PAC run by Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood as a whole is split into two parts, but they share the same leadership. There is the Planned Parenthood Federation of American (PPFA) which is their non-profit operational arm, and the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, which is their lobbying arm. The two arms share the same leadership.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_Parenthood
From 1996 to 2006, Planned Parenthood was led by Gloria Feldt.[34][35] Feldt activated the Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF), the organization's political action committee, launching what was the most far reaching electoral advocacy effort in its history.[36] The PPAF serves as the nonpartisan political advocacy arm of PPFA.[37] It engages in educational and electoral activity, including legislative advocacy, voter education, and grassroots organizing to promote the PPFA mission. Feldt also launched the Responsible Choices Action Agenda, a nationwide campaign to increase services to prevent unwanted pregnancies, improve quality of reproductive care, and ensure access to safe and legal abortions.[21] Another initiative was the commencement of a "Global Partnership Program", with the aim of building a vibrant activist constituency in support of family planning.[21]

and

Planned Parenthood's advocacy activities are executed by the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, which is registered as a 501(c)(4) charity, and files financial information jointly with PPFA

And you can also see that they are run by the same person.
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/our-leadership/cecile-richards

She is President of both Planned Parenthood Federation of America (the operational arm of Planned Parenthood), and the Planned Parenthood Action Fund (their lobbying arm). It's all one umbrella.

So can someone please move the thread back.

Last edited:
incorrect information. i was incorrect.

i didn't look well enough. this is my fault.
Thanks for admitting that. It's just frustrating, I think it was @Tachy(if not it was another administrator) that said there were 4 other complaint reports about that thread written up about this very Planned Parenthood thread. It's frustrating that just because it's a topic that liberals do not like, that there is so much complaints about it that we have to keep arguing our case just to keep threads alive. I can't count the number of legit threads that are probably deleted or dumped just because some liberals are reporting these threads.(excluding one of my created threads yesterday ranking liberal wr poster IQ's, that was legit to be at minimum dumped, and I was just having some fun)

But I've got to give props the @computer fogie for restoring it. He manned up and did the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

His interpretation is logically valid. So is yours. You simply disagree with him.

Just had a thread deleted. "Joanna is being unfairly bashed for fight promotion".
It started off pretty good but descended into the usual bs.

Can I suggest getting the thread locked and handing out yellow cards to the people that cross the line.
It had some pretty constructive discussions and back and fourth's despite the few trolls. Would be a shame to waste it. Just punish the a$$holes or ban them. The thread is gone but the trolls are still here. Nothing is going to improve if the trolls remain and continue to mess up other threads.

@Lethal : What is the policy on posting fighter highlights these days.

Honest question, sometimes guys used to post their self made vids
on here, but I don't ever see that again.

Just had a thread deleted. "Joanna is being unfairly bashed for fight promotion".
It started off pretty good but descended into the usual bs.

Can I suggest getting the thread locked and handing out yellow cards to the people that cross the line.
It had some pretty constructive discussions and back and fourth's despite the few trolls. Would be a shame to waste it. Just punish the a$$holes or ban them. The thread is gone but the trolls are still here. Nothing is going to improve if the trolls remain and continue to mess up other threads.
There definitely wasn't any constructive discussions going on in that thread. It was easy bait for bashing and it turned out to be a shit-show of flaming, bashing and trolling. The people responsible are being watched, don't worry, but the effort to go through and delete 90% of the posts for a locked thread is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back