Was Trinaldo vs The biggest steal in UFC history

I think it was Trinaldo's fault.

Trinaldo was showing signs of being impatient, dropping hands and rolling his eyes. Never once did he try to adapt his strategy. He was content in sticking to his counter striking strategy. It cost him the fight.

I don't understand this "not a robbery because it was close" debate at all.
I think the point is, when neither fighter clearly won any single individual round, it's pretty hard to call it a robbery.

To me* "robbery" suggests that a round was clear cut one way, and a judge score it another way. 2 examples: Mousasi v Jardine round 2 & Penn v Edgar round 1**.

But if 5 people watch a round and 3 call it one way and 2 call it the other way, "robbery" is just simply the wrong term.

In this fight, not a single round was absolutely clear cut.

*Of course others may define the term "robbery" differently, which is usually the root cause of these internet debates - semantics, not facts.
**NOTE this judge & round did not change the decision.

Last edited:
any Leanard Garcia fight that goes to decision.

Neither deserved the win, it was a close fight with neither doing much. I'd have liked a draw.

Miles away from a robbery, just typical sherdog overreaction.

Even Hernandez was surprised. He mouthed " fuck" when he was declared the winner. Terrible decision.

I'll go with Condit v Lawler.
You guys need to stop with that shitty narrative that Condit-Lawler was the biggest robbery ever.

It comes down to one round, the 3rd, which was pretty fucking close. Condit threw more volume but Robbie connected harder.

Thats not a robbery, however you scored it. Thats a close ass fight (and one of the best title fight ever).

Sanchez Pearson is the worst robbery of all time, straight up. I don't see how you could give Diego one single round.

And yeah, Trinaldo-Hernandez was horrible too

We had the replay of the event yesterday here and probably I suck at judging but round 1 and 3 could have gone either way depend on how one likes to score rounds.
But to me Trinaldo was not rolling on Hernandez at all so this is far from being to robbery of the century.
Once again dont leave it to the judges or dont cry.

Pearson - Sanchez was easily the worst decision ever. A clear 30-27 for Pearson.

Sanchez also got gifted a decision over Gomi.

During those two fights Diego went 2-4.

Ironically IF he'd lost both he'd have had a 6 fight losing skid and may well have hung them up. So in gifting him decisions the judges opened up a future where Diego now has ahem, issues...

Bisping vs Silva?
What? My biggest live bet ever(by a country mile) was Bisping after round 4 at evens. He had clearly won 3 out of the 4 rounds going into the 5th.

It's round by round scoring, not the fight as a whole.

Pearson - Sanchez was easily the worst decision ever. A clear 30-27 for Pearson.

Sanchez also got gifted a decision over Gomi.

During those two fights Diego went 2-4.

Ironically IF he'd lost both he'd have had a 6 fight losing skid and may well have hung them up. So in gifting him decisions the judges opened up a future where Diego now has ahem, issues...

How could you forget Diego vs Kampmann? THAT is one of the biggest robberies I've ever seen. Kampmann beat Diego around the octagon for 3 rounds, dropping him, disfiguring his face. Diego got the most bullshit decision I've ever seen.

Back