@red
Reaction score
Wins:

- Tj won is devastating fashion
- Tj is considered a good looking person
- American, speaks perfect English
- Great for marketing\promotion
- Performed on TUF
- Good for the bantamweight division (adds more diversity and competition to the division)

Lose's:

- Lost a marketable 32 winning streak record
- Needs to rebuild another champion (11-2 Tj Dillashaw)
- Loses another Brazilian champ
- Tj is basically unknown outside the MMA community.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
win
-Exciting style
-CARDIO

loss
-got finished by Dodson

I dont think its a bad thing. Opens up a lot more fights, just like at WW.

TJ has arguably greater potential in marketability than Barao and it's not like they lose Barao. Barao's comeback fight can headline a Brazil card.

TJ Dillashaw has been far more marketable with just his post-fight interview than Renan Barao was during his entire reign.

It's a win for the UFC. This night won't be remembered if Barao just ran through TJ like every fight he's fought.

the UFC will win either way no matter what path they take

Could be good.

They have yet to sell a 135 fight without Faber, tonight didnt change that.

Dillashaw's win tonight over Barao was almost as big an upset as Seth Petruzelli beating Kimbo Slice.

The entire bar I was at gave TJ a standing ovation, so I think that's a win for the UFC in my eyes.

Depends on how well TJ does going forward.

Either way I love how stupid Dana looks after how much intense he got this week about Barao being the #1 P4P. Where does TJ jump to on the P4P list now Dana?

Blonde American winning a title is very very good for the UFC.

Depends on how well TJ does going forward.

Either way I love how stupid Dana looks after how much intense he got this week about Barao being the #1 P4P. Where does TJ jump to on the P4P list now Dana?

While TJ's win saved the card, for the future I don't think it matters.

Most people just don't care enough about the 125 and 135 divisions. I don't think TJ will change that.

I WILL rent every single card that Dillashaw headlines just with the hope that he loses. The main reason I've watched every Anderson fight during his reign. So they got that going for em..

Back