Was this the right thing to do?

I agree. You shouldn't be serving someone that messed up. I don't believe the U.S. mandates tossing people out of the establishment though (like wherever they are in the video. New Zealand?). That may not always be the safest thing either. Give her a chance to square up with her friends and get her own ride.

Last edited:
So in Australia or New Zealand or wherever this video originates from; they will throw you out for getting to that point? I'm surprised.

I go on a 2 week ski trip to Whistler every year in December and frequent all the main bars there every night. I get considerably past that point, generally one drink before a total blackout, and am usually there until they close at 2am before going back to the apartment and waking myself up. Never once have I been thrown out.

Last edited:
So in Australia or New Zealand or wherever this video originates from; they will throw you out for getting to that point? I'm surprised.

I go on a 2 week ski trip to Whistler every year in December and frequent all the main bars there every night. I get considerably past that point, generally one drink before a total blackout, and am usually there until they close at 2am before going back to the apartment and waking myself up. Never once have I been thrown out.
Yeah but do you act like an utterly drunk jerry? Probably not.

Is there a part two video.... need to know she got home safe and wasn’t fucked in the car park by security?

When I have people over for dinner and drinks, I confiscate car keys from those who drink enough to be over the limit. I don’t drink so i either drive them home or put them up in a spare bedroom. Never had anyone bitch about it. I would hate myself if i let one of my buds hit the road impaired and something happened. In Canada I could also be charged for that I believe.

Yes, and if that hoe threw a drink on me I'd slap her right then and there.

As a former bartender, I can confirm that cutting off an overserved customer is one of the hardest parts of the job. Most people are pretty good at hiding their drunkenness while ordering, so if they are visibly intoxicated you definitely should not serve them.

Absolutely agree with the "Blame the Law" or "Blame your Boss" strategies. The absolute worst to cut off are middle-aged white women. They will literally call the police.

As a former bartender, I can confirm that cutting off an overserved customer is one of the hardest parts of the job. Most people are pretty good at hiding their drunkenness while ordering, so if they are visibly intoxicated you definitely should not serve them.

Absolutely agree with the "Blame the Law" or "Blame your Boss" strategies. The absolute worst to cut off are middle-aged white women. They will literally call the police.

Jesus, Karens will call the cops on everything.
<36>

"Officer, this bartender is following the law. Please arrest him!"

Back