Was there ever a true two division champion?

Like said before, the most impressive was BJ Penn, that beat the long time WW champ and no 1 p4p. Nobody believed it was possible.

The others you mentioned was also impressive, And except DC that was not the real LHW champ, they Are all great two division champs.

This is nonsense. Jones lost the belt due to him being a cheater. DC was the legitimate champion and defended the belt against all comers. DC is a true double champion.

Yep, DC is the true double champ, champ of the HW division and the 206.2 lb division too.

This proves to be, how much size is important for mma, especially for grappling.

In boxing, numerous fighters have jumped 20-40lb to become champions.

Manny Pacquaio and Roy Jones easily jumped around 35-40 lb in their career.

It's not just a modern thing either.

Henry Armstrong was champ at 3 divisions in one time. That's the old original divisions. Not the junior/super crap they have.

Bob Fitzsimmons won the Hw title weighing similar to a fucking Mw/smw.

If anyone knows their boxing history, they will know the greatest fighter to never win a World title is Sam Langford. He started as a fucking Lw and became the best Hw in the world.

Duran
srl
Tommy Hearns
James Toney
Michael Spinks
Manny Pacquaio
jmm
roy jones Jr
Floyd Mayweather Jr
Miguel cotto
Oscar
Sweet Pea

The above is just a sample list of recent era fighters moving up in weight and being a success.

It must be the grappling that's hard to overcome with moving up, provided the skill level is similar.

Everybody can think of Matt Hughes what he (or she) wants but this phrase of him is right: you are only an undisputed champ if you defend your title succesfully. From that point of view there was never a true double champ in the UFC.
Maybe in other orgs.....

DC.

Beat the best LHW had to offer.

Beat the best HW champ in company history.

Not his fault Jon got himself disqualified. He still would be, if it weren't for his informing on others.

<DC-Champ><DC-Champ>

DC was never the legit LHW champion. I know it, and you know it.

If we were to play checkers, and on the word go, i pulled out my glock and shot you instead, would that make me better at checkers than you?

BJ won the WW title back in the dark ages when there were about 6 guys in the division.
He never defended, and chose to leave the UFC instead.

It’s impossible to be a true 2-division champ that defends both belts, concurrently.

McGregor is the only true simultaneous one. Doesn't matter if Alvarez was a so-called "one fight champ", you could move the goalposts on that all day. He was the lineal champ.

Cormier on the other hand lost convincingly to Jones and then only won the championship by default. So he was never a true LHW champ and thus never a two division champ.

Why not stick to facts? Wether you like Conor or not, he was the first two division-champ. That's how it actually is. Did he get an easy way to the belt(s)? It DOES NOT matter. That is all your personal opinion.

Factually, Conor was the first double champ.

If we were to play checkers, and on the word go, i pulled out my glock and shot you instead, would that make me better at checkers than you?

It would certainly make you the winner. <45>

This proves to be, how much size is important for mma, especially for grappling.

In boxing, numerous fighters have jumped 20-40lb to become champions.

Manny Pacquaio and Roy Jones easily jumped around 35-40 lb in their career.

It's not just a modern thing either.

Henry Armstrong was champ at 3 divisions in one time. That's the old original divisions. Not the junior/super crap they have.

Bob Fitzsimmons won the Hw title weighing similar to a fucking Mw/smw.

If anyone knows their boxing history, they will know the greatest fighter to never win a World title is Sam Langford. He started as a fucking Lw and became the best Hw in the world.

Duran
srl
Tommy Hearns
James Toney
Michael Spinks
Manny Pacquaio
jmm
roy jones Jr
Floyd Mayweather Jr
Miguel cotto
Oscar
Sweet Pea

The above is just a sample list of recent era fighters moving up in weight and being a success.

It must be the grappling that's hard to overcome with moving up, provided the skill level is similar.
Cool story bro

I don't know what "true" means. I'd say maybe hold them at once and defend them at the same time. Behind that win one, defend it a bunch, move up and win another defend that one too. Anything else just screams of oppurtunism. Part of what makes the "champ champ" path to greatness so dumb to me is that while title defense records and win records and the like require time, this is a title that can be done by anyone if the UFC lets them and the champions at other divisions aren't the same sort of challenge. So in one fight you get to be "champ champ". Then if a fighter moves division for the right reasons they probably lost in the old division. So it's a lose lose.

The way it is now
1 normal defense=average champion
1 "superfight"=legend or something?

Couture and Penn both became double division champs because they lost at the division they originally competed at. Couture lost at the division he competed at went to LHW was dethroned there and went back to HW again. Penn lost at WW moved to LW then lost a "superfight" to a WW.

GSP retired after the Hendricks "win" and went to MW when he saw a MW champ he knew he could beat, then ran away again. After the Serra fight this is the most risk adverse athlete I've ever seen except maybe Floyd.

Conor won his first title never defended, got a shot at second title after losing beating an irrelevant big mouth at the division and got it. Guys never defended a belt. Didn't get moved down the ladder for losing to Diaz but got a title shot for beating him. Sure that would have happened to anyone.

DC got his first belt because a guy he lost to got in trouble and got the shot coming off a loss. Guy took his belt from him again and because he pissed hot in an ongoing PED case he was given the belt back. Second belt he got a shot right away because he earned this first belt. Also bounced once this fighter returned.

Nunes won belt one defended three times then won belt two against Cyborg.

IMO Nunes is the only one who I'd call a true two division champ and is three defenses really a lot before going up? The rest either were put in that position cause they couldn't win at another division(BJ Penn it's even more clear cause he lost at WW, won at LW then lost again to GSP) because they engineered it or because they got a shot and belt they didn't deserve. It says almost nothing positive IMO.

I don't know what "true" means. I'd say maybe hold them at once and defend them at the same time. Behind that win one, defend it a bunch, move up and win another defend that one too. Anything else just screams of oppurtunism. Part of what makes the "champ champ" path to greatness so dumb to me is that while title defense records and win records and the like require time, this is a title that can be done by anyone if the UFC lets them and the champions at other divisions aren't the same sort of challenge. So in one fight you get to be "champ champ". Then if a fighter moves division for the right reasons they probably lost in the old division. So it's a lose lose.

The way it is now
1 normal defense=average champion
1 "superfight"=legend or something?

Couture and Penn both became double division champs because they lost at the division they originally competed at. Couture lost at the division he competed at went to LHW was dethroned there and went back to HW again. Penn lost at WW moved to LW then lost a "superfight" to a WW.

GSP retired after the Hendricks "win" and went to MW when he saw a MW champ he knew he could beat, then ran away again. After the Serra fight this is the most risk adverse athlete I've ever seen except maybe Floyd.

Conor won his first title never defended, got a shot at second title after losing beating an irrelevant big mouth at the division and got it. Guys never defended a belt. Didn't get moved down the ladder for losing to Diaz but got a title shot for beating him. Sure that would have happened to anyone.

DC got his first belt because a guy he lost to got in trouble and got the shot coming off a loss. Guy took his belt from him again and because he pissed hot in an ongoing PED case he was given the belt back. Second belt he got a shot right away because he earned this first belt. Also bounced once this fighter returned.

Nunes won belt one defended three times then won belt two against Cyborg.

IMO Nunes is the only one who I'd call a true two division champ and is three defenses really a lot before going up? The rest either were put in that position cause they couldn't win at another division(BJ Penn it's even more clear cause he lost at WW, won at LW then lost again to GSP) because they engineered it or because they got a shot and belt they didn't deserve. It says almost nothing positive IMO.

Great point.
You should post more often.

Great point.
You should post more often.

Was on strike after the Jones/DC rematch. The DC is the GOAT stuff just was too much for me. I'm back though!

DC.

Beat the best LHW had to offer.

Beat the best HW champ in company history.

Not his fault Jon got himself disqualified. He still would be, if it weren't for his informing on others.

<DC-Champ><DC-Champ>
I'm sorry but you have to beat the man inside the octagon

I don't know it. In fact I remember DC winning the vacant LHW title against Rumble, a fighter Jones never had to get past.
I'm sorry but you have to beat the man inside the octagon
Poor choice of words. That man was disqualified from the octagon, he didn't exist, and he still shouldn't. Rat boy snitched his way back to the cage, never forget.

I don't know it. In fact I remember DC winning the vacant LHW title against Rumble, a fighter Jones never had to get past.

Fair enough, but I honestly think Bones murders Rumble. Its a classic punchers chance fight. Hopefully we see Jones/DC fight one more time.

Back