Was The WEC UFC's Best Purchase?

Fosheez**

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think it was, a lot of good talent from that org. Pride has been a huge disappointment though. I think Rampage is the only one that saw some success.

I think strikeforce was correct me if i'm wrong of them purchasing that.

Best purchase UFC made was purchasing the UFC

Yes. WEC fighters are still doing phenomenally well and didn't conveniently fall out of their prime.

Fuuuck no. The lower weight classes are killing the ufc. The pride stars sold 10 times more PPVs.

And you're an idiot if you think only rampage saw success. Even tho i think this thread is actually about pride vs ufc.

You gotta be kidding me

The wec produced multiple champions most still current (pettis, aldo, bendo etc...) which no other purchased Org can say.. pride had shogun as mentioned earlier and rampage, and we'll I don't think stikeforce had produced any..

Worst purchase for the fans and athletes.

Maybe we could have had another really big org with not much overlapping when compared to Pride/SF.

Do people seriously forget Shogun Won the title?

And actually defended it.

Nog was also interim champ.

And most of today's WEC guys weren't fighting in 2002/3 ffs.

The wec produced multiple champions most still current (pettis, aldo, bendo etc...) which no other purchased Org can say.. pride had shogun as mentioned earlier and rampage, and we'll I don't think stikeforce had produced any..

Werdum is the current HW champ. At least among the fighters, not physiotherapy patients.

Robbie Lawler was in Strikeforce.

People are also forgetting that Carlos Condit was the last WEC WW champion and interim UFC WW champion

Hands down and it isn't even close. Y'all keep bringing up the lower weight classes but forgot about everyone else. Carlos Condit, Chael Sonnen, Brian Stann, Mark Munoz, UFC poached their other weight classes a year or so before they merged the rest of their roster. That's when WEC started doing strictly 155 & under, wasn't always like that. And who can deny the greatness of Aldo and Pettis?

Hands down and it isn't even close. Y'all keep bringing up the lower weight classes but forgot about everyone else. Carlos Condit, Chael Sonnen, Brian Stann, Mark Munoz, UFC poached their other weight classes a year or so before they merged the rest of their roster. That's when WEC started doing strictly 155 & under, wasn't always like that. And who can deny the greatness of Aldo and Pettis?
Also...

johnyhendricks_haskins_1.jpeg

Johny the ostrich Hendricks was also from the WEC

^^ alpha Lucifer best me to it

It probably was, but not for the fans. Those free cards were so much fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back