was the Machida era actually the Ma-cheat-a era?

Steph Curry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its sad but I normally don't have any feelings about cheating in mma because ive unfortunately come to expect it. however there are a handful of guys that still gave/give me hope. And at the top of that list is Lyoto followed by GSP and Randy Couture. To me those guys are the embodiment of integrity within MMA.

But with Gegard's recent comments and some of the follow up evidence from fans, theres compelling reason to believe that the Machida era was actually the Ma-cheat-a era. And if it is the case that not even Lyoto can be trusted then is there any hope for a fighter to compete with the upmost honor and integrity?

You can't accuse Lyoto. His piss is so clean you can drink it.

Randy? Seriously? The 40odd year old man performing at the highest level is your idea of integrity in MMA?

"The Natural'

O also lol'ed at Randy.

Not accusing him of anything, but we don't get to see 50 years old playing at high level in athleticism demanding sports every day.

Its sad but I normally don't have any feelings about cheating in mma because ive unfortunately come to expect it. however there are a handful of guys that still gave/give me hope. And at the top of that list is Lyoto followed by GSP and Randy Couture. To me those guys are the embodiment of integrity within MMA.

But with Gegard's recent comments and some of the follow up evidence from fans, theres compelling reason to believe that the Machida era was actually the Ma-cheat-a era. And if it is the case that not even Lyoto can be trusted then is there any hope for a fighter to compete with the upmost honor and integrity?

LOL@ Randy Couture... He was on HGH and TRT.

The fact that Mousasi, Rampage, Randy, and Rockhold all made comments about Machida says something.

Rockhold has no reason to have sour grapes, but even he was questioning it.

Wow.... you're a pun-ny guy.

When "ma- cheat-a" popped into your head, "holy shit, this is gold, wait till sherdog hears this one!"

Machida has always been one of my favorites but I have no illusions about him or anyone else.

Edit: But with all the accusations being thrown around these days by the fighters themselves, can we once and for all understand that at the highest levels of competitive sports, any advantage is a huge advantage. If one athlete is doing 'X' which gives him or her an advantage, everyone must do 'X' in order to stay competitive. It's common knowledge that testing procedures are in the stone ages compared to the designer chemists who are available to the most successful athletes. It's just a fact of life for high level athletes, it's really a part of their job description to be in 'top' physical shape while not failing any tests. I'm sure this is understood by not only the athletes but also by the organizations who depend on super-humans to sell their product: The NBA, NFL and MLB for starters and the UFC is no different.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Maxhida doped. I also don't care if he did. Wether he did or didn't doesn't take anything away from what he's already accomplished.

"Ma-cheat-a" is one of the stupidest things I've read all day.

Nah TS,you don't get it.

If a fighter who fought in Japanese organizations and has a weird fanbase accuses a legend of cheating and insulting him,telling him "fuck this guy", its completely OK.

If a black UFC fighter OR a Sherdogger says the same thing, they will get bashed to the death and no one will appreciate them.

So,get ready for the backlash (Rightfully)

I may be a huge Machida fan and biased, but he has never failed a test. Since the early stages of his career no accusations were ever made. Until he fails a test I can't see why people would accuse him, especially of roiding. He's never had the "look." Although many fighters have been popped who didn't have the "look" Machida has never been popped. He's dropped weight classes and that will result in a change in body habitus for sure. As for his "recent" body changes, he's also getting older. I don't think they're drastic enough to accuse him. As far as "greasing" he was never accused during his run and reign, why would he start now, he's not even wrestling based (where I'd assume you'd gain the most advantage).

"hes a cheater, uh .... what can i say ... uhh ... fuck him!" *nods confidently*

pictures of various levels of body fat are not "follow up " evidence."

The fact that Mousasi, Rampage, Randy, and Rockhold all made comments about Machida says something.

Rockhold has no reason to have sour grapes, but even he was questioning it.

What did Rampage say about Machida? Machida must not have felt too slippery or strong considering the dude who always whines about having to fight wrestlers had to hold onto Machida for deal life to win their fight.

Rockhold is a perpetual whiner even when he does win and Randy and Mousasi? I can see why they'd be angry considering Machida schooled both of them.

The Machida era did not last very long, did it!!?!!

What is your definition of how long an Era lasts?

giphy.gif

Just like Andersen, I don't think he was constantly on it their whole career. He knew a win over Moose was a ticket to a title shot and he wasn't going to waste it. It's very disheartening. He was one of the guys I thought had a budo code and just trained everyday to be a master.

What did Rampage say about Machida? Machida must not have felt too slippery or strong considering the dude who always whines about having to fight wrestlers had to hold onto Machida for deal life to win their fight.

Rockhold is a perpetual whiner even when he does win and Randy and Mousasi? I can see why they'd be angry considering Machida schooled both of them.

Agreed; If I remember correctly Rampage said something to the effect of "Machida beat the crap out of me" I don't remember him saying anything about grease or roids. People who are "disappointed" are basing their assumptions off of nothing, there has never been a failed test or even a fishy one.

Back