Was the CODY GARBRANDT VS. Augusto Mendes fight a horrible stoppage?

Augusto's eyes rolled back, so i guess he was out. He would have been outter if cody didnt celebrate so early

Yes terrible, what´s even more terrible is that he did the came overhand right and left hook combo like 10 times before he hit with the 3d punch "the best boxer in mma"

Watched this fight and Cody knocked Mendes down with a punch but when Mendes hit the ground his head didn't even hit the mat as he was still awake, so it wasn't a flash KO where hittijgntjr mat woke him up. He was ready for Cody to attempt to come into his guard but the ref stopped it while Mendes argued the stoppage.

Was the Cody Garbrabdt vs. Augusto Mendes fight a horrible stoppage?

I've been noticing this trend lately. It just seems like refs have been stopping fights way too early. If a fighter is knocked down, refs are ready to stop the fight, which is wrong. They should give the fighter a chance to fight back and recover...

Not really, it wasn't perfect, but falling stiff legged, flat onto your back with your hands up in the air making no attempt to break the fall is a major red flag for the ref. I wouldn't be angry if they let it go one or two more strikes to see how Mendes reacts, but it's far from what I would call a truly bad stoppage.

it was a bad stoppage imo. the guys head didn't even hit the canvas, he was still aware of what was going on.

Face and eyes looked kind of like Rony Jason after he was flattened by Jeremy Stephens. The awkward pause by Yamasaki delayed an onslaught of head blows that would have been coming.

Ref cannot jump in between 2 fighters without stopping the fight, once he steps in that has to be it

Can't make a guy have to go around the ref to keep fighting

Face and eyes looked kind of like Rony Jason after he was flattened by Jeremy Stephens. The awkward pause by Yamasaki delayed an onslaught of head blows that would have been coming.
he was fine, let 'em bang bro

To me it looked like Mendes was out on the way to the canvas, his arms appear to stiffen up. But if he was, he definitely awoke the second his head hit the canvas. So knockout or not, Mario didn't fully commit and left Cody guessing. I would've been fine with either and it ended up being a moot point a few shots after that Mendes didn't need to absorb had it been initially called. I don't like seeing fights called early, but unnecessary punishment is equally bad.

Mario is in the bottom of the barrel when it comes to worst refs in MMA. Get rid of Mario and bring back Steve Mazzagatti as he's 100 times better than Mario ever will be.

The stoppage was fine. The dude was definitely concussed.

he wasn't out

He was flash ko'd .. Mario messed it up by stepping over Mendes as if he was about to call it, then seemingly changed his mind and blocked Cody when he went back in for more strikes.

It was definitely a poorly executed stoppage, not sure it's the worst though.

fights need to stop being called after a knock down. that was a pretty shit stoppage.

Back