Was the 2000’s the best MMA decade?

Yes, back then there were several brands of MMA and they were all fighting for our attention, trying to put on the best show they could every time. Now it’s basically just the UFC, and enough people tune in to watch some UFC from time to time that they can be profitable without building up stars or putting on great events.

I miss pride and k1 a lot but ufc now is a lot better than it was in those days. Tapout era was really overrated tbh, people's striking sucked, and most guys were just musclebound juice heads, not real athletes

MMA is better than ever before you old farts. Being young was fucking awesome though and I miss it.

Nostalgia goggles are very strong, people will always love their era of everything.

i was there live at the LA Colisseum for Brock’s debut..that was a nice fight card and I was there mostly to watch Sakuraba vs Gracie. Very shocked that Manhoef got armbarred. That was also JZ’s, Gesias Calvacante’s rise in the LW division. Man, he had potential.
I always thought Gesias would amount to more than he did.

It was a great time indeed

Now we got soccer moms headlining cards

It has THREE decades.
Chill out.
Sport is super young.

Reactions: HHJ
2009 was my favorite year as an MMA fan followed by 2011.

MMA declined after 2013 imo then fell off hard around 2017/2018

I'll still watch here and there but my interests are no where near where it once was

For the fans, it was fun because a bunch of rich dudes saw the rise of UFC and decided to try to capitalize on it by throwing a bunch of money around, resulting in some nice entertainment for us.

It was a glorious time,but the sport has grown so much since then. I been into MMA a long time. No one thought it was SHIT when i was into it. No one cared. I love to see where it is now. I love that there are cards all the time,and that its on ESPN and that Reebok made MMA clothing. That shit is fuckin amazing looking back to where it used to be.

Back