Was some crazy judging to say the least split for Magny

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The split dec in the Silva vs Magny fight was mind boggling.....What about the 30-27 for Beal? Like i said some crazy judging tonight. Thoughts?

The second and third round were pretty competitive, Silva came out the second round and was landing hard leg kick after leg kick , got a take down he didn't do shit with etc. I definitely scored it for Magny, but had they given it to Silva it wouldn't be even near the craziest scores we've seen from judges.

The split dec in the Silva vs Magny fight was mind boggling.....What about the 30-27 for Beal? Like i said some crazy judging tonight. Thoughts?

Terrifying decision for any fighter.

Silva had some moments where he looked good in each round, but I thought Magny won every round pretty comfortably.

I usually attribute bad calls from judges in fights like that, is they're not able to get a good look at if punches hit or not.

If Silva throws a huge haymaker that glances his glove, some idiot might get an impression from it

Same thing for tiny flick jabs and counters in the middle of an exchange, IDK how well a judge can spot them.

This is why some people on my facebook thought Many should have beaten Floyd, they just don't have an eye to spot quick punches and don't realize hitting gloves does nothing

I usually attribute bad calls from judges in fights like that, is they're not able to get a good look at if punches hit or not.

If Silva throws a huge haymaker that glances his glove, some idiot might get an impression from it

Same thing for tiny flick jabs and counters in the middle of an exchange, IDK how well a judge can spot them.

This is why some people on my facebook thought Many should have beaten Floyd, they just don't have an eye to spot quick punches and don't realize hitting gloves does nothing
I'm sorry but no, there was no debate as to who won that fight besides in the Filipino community. It was not even close and stopped being competitive after like round 3

Back