Was Silva that physically gifted?

he is explosive, fast and strong

that 200m sprinting comparison is ridiculous

the speed of your punches just cant be increased beyond a limit. Doesnt matter Jake Shields is into a 30 seconds fight, his punches never gonna be Silva's they fast

You can increase the speed of your punches(to a much lesser degree) and the volume of your punches. You can definitely vary the amount of energy you put into a single punch.

Look at overeem for example. When he blitzes a guy like his old style, each of his punches are like dynamite and they have put everyone in trouble since his start in the UFC. Let him pace himself like his last fight and they lose that power but he can maintain his output for the whole match.

Its foolish to think you can't punch faster if you put more effort into it. Shadow box right now, and try to move as fast as you can for 30 seconds while maintaining constant output. I bet you will look dramatically faster if you compared it to doing the same thing with constant output for 5 minutes an hour later.

He is very athletic. The speed of some of his shots is just unreal. The way he handled his opponents in the clinch also shows how strong he is. He doesn't string combo's very well, but that's more of a lack of training I suppose.

Just on pure nature's gifts he might have the best genetics in the WW.

He's talented, he just can't fight off of his backfoot very well and has a very bad issue with cardio.

He was super gassed when they got back up from back mount, before Brown had even touched him. I don't know what the matter is here, if I had to guess I'd say he's pushing it with his weight cut.

Good post. He gassed BEFORE getting trashed by Brown.

Horrible athlete.

He doesn't have cardio....He might have some speed,strength,explosivenes....but his cardio is so bad that he is less of an athlete than Nick Diaz,GSP,Robbie Lawler,Carlos Condit,etc....The list goes on.

So no, he is not a physically gifted athlete like people claim.

You can increase the speed of your punches(to a much lesser degree) and the volume of your punches. You can definitely vary the amount of energy you put into a single punch.

Look at overeem for example. When he blitzes a guy like his old style, each of his punches are like dynamite and they have put everyone in trouble since his start in the UFC. Let him pace himself like his last fight and they lose that power but he can maintain his output for the whole match.

Its foolish to think you can't punch faster if you put more effort into it. Shadow box right now, and try to move as fast as you can for 30 seconds while maintaining constant output. I bet you will look dramatically faster if you compared it to doing the same thing with constant output for 5 minutes an hour later.

Of course you can increase the speed of your punches, but there is a limit, some fighters are just faster and there is nothing you can do about it.

Doesn't matter how much effort Jon Fitch apply in his punches, Melvin Guilliard is faster.

erick-silva-ufc-mma.jpg

Check out the pecturn muscles on this dude, he can crush anybody if he shows up 100% motivated and in shape, unfortunately, there were issues leading up to his loss last night, which I'm sure will come out as time passes.

The good news for a guy like Erick is that if his MMA career doesn't pan out, he can definitely make it as a male model or actor in his local home country. I bet the women in his country look at his pictures while rubbing one out.

The joke here is that he has shown us over and over that he is not elite, yet he keeps filling these kinds of spots (really, a mainevent for a win over Takenori Sato?). There is a lot of physically capable fighters, but that doesnt mean shit.

Just needs no learn not to throw away his gas tank in 2 minutes. Dude started great was controlling Brown then they got up and he looked completely out of it. He's physically gifted no doubt, but his gamelan/fight iq aspect is where he is severely lacking

Back