Was roy nelson scared of Kimbo Slice?

No, I'm totally agreeing with you, bro! Totally different from being hurt and/or cautious. I can tell that you are almost as tough as I am, and that's saying something! Maybe we should fight our way into the case for Jones-Gustavson this weekend and teach those guys to not be such pussies? Unless you're scared...

Pro fighters do get scared and Roy certainly looked scared vs kimbo and I was curious if others noticed. But oh well

Roy literally stood on the plate and called his shot; like fucking pointed to the left audience and knocked the shit out of the ball to there.

He went on and on about how you can go in crucifex and just patty cake someones skull for a hilarious stoppage. That's exactly what he did to Kimbo.

Everyone seems to be reading this wrong. I'm not saying you should bother to give a guy his only chance to win. I'm asking if others felt like Roy looked scared when Kimbo was striking towards him but apparently people cant see the question out of a paragraph in the tuf forum.

No Roy did not look scared.

Roy had faced bigger and better MMA strikers than Kimbo already. To think anything otherwise is silly.

I think at that point Kimbo was a pretty unknown element... he hadn't really fought anyone since leaving Bas Rutten and had apparently recommitted himself, or committed in the first place, i don't really know... so I think there was a bit of a thought that Kimbo could actually do some damage... we found out pretty quickly after TUF though that wasn't the case anyways, but at that point no one had really even seen him in the gym. They just knew he could knock basically anyone out if he hit them.

I remember watching at the time. Not many people knew what to expect of Kimbo. Many of us thought he was some kind of super striker who could knock people out with just a few shots with ease. It wasn't until the fight with Roy Nelson that we learned he was very vulnerable and not a super-striker by any means.

Looking back it's easy to be critical of Roy Nelson but it was a very smart move at the time to be cautious and force HIS style of fight. And he totally dominated Kimbo with it.

I think at that point Kimbo was a pretty unknown element... he hadn't really fought anyone since leaving Bas Rutten and had apparently recommitted himself, or committed in the first place, i don't really know... so I think there was a bit of a thought that Kimbo could actually do some damage... we found out pretty quickly after TUF though that wasn't the case anyways, but at that point no one had really even seen him in the gym. They just knew he could knock basically anyone out if he hit them.

Look someone that knows how to read ^

others take notes

Look someone that knows how to read ^

others take notes

Ah yes, I see exactly where he 100% agrees with you that Roy was scared. Your reading is indeed high level. Clearly I must hit 10 posts a day and earn my SD blue belt before I can also be such an elite badass!

Roy's previous 4 wins before getting into the house were all by KO/TKO so it's not like he didn't know how to strike. He was just smart about it. Roll the dice and possibly never get into the UFC or expose a huge weakness and get an easy win over an inexperienced fighter.

I just remember being extremely disappointed after wanting to see Kimbo fight all week. Then he pussed out at the end of the show when he had another chance and at that point we knew he didn't have what it takes.

Ah yes, I see exactly where he 100% agrees with you that Roy was scared. Your reading is indeed high level. Clearly I must hit 10 posts a day and earn my SD blue belt before I can also be such an elite badass!

Well maybe you should learn how to pick a question out of a paragraph before you work on getting your sherdog blue belt!

That's like training to throw a spinning backfist when you can't throw a proper jab

Well maybe you should learn how to pick a question out of a paragraph before you work on getting your sherdog blue belt!

That's like training to throw a spinning backfist when you can't throw a proper jab

I heard that Roy is scared of your stand up. What do you think? Granted, I get that him being a pro fighter and not wasting time with you is the smart thing to do, but that's not what I'm talking about, I think he looks scared. My vote is that he's scared!

Was Roy Nelson scared of Kimbos punches? That's a just bleed thread ummm ok

Dude are you kidding me? This is the epitome of a just bleed thread. Fighter A chooses not to stand with fighter B, a one demensional striker, thus he was clearly scared. Earlier you started a thread about weather or not fights should be stopped in the Crucifix position, which is exactly the position this fight was stopped in if I remember. Are you still butthurt like 4 years later that Kimbo of all people got beat? That's really pathetic..

because roy would get ktfo if he boxed with kimbo

Roy Nelson, a guy who has smashed on the feet two of the best proffessional heavyweight kickboxers to ever compete in MMA was afriad of Kimbo Slice. Ok....

I remember Dana making comments about how Roy was just pitter-pattering kimbo when he had him in the crucifix. However, I think those comments were just for the show.

I think Roy took the compassionate/smart route. Compassionate by not turning Kimbos face into hamburger and smart by not risking breaking his hand.

Dude are you kidding me? This is the epitome of a just bleed thread. Fighter A chooses not to stand with fighter B, a one demensional striker, thus he was clearly scared. Earlier you started a thread about weather or not fights should be stopped in the Crucifix position, which is exactly the position this fight was stopped in if I remember. Are you still butthurt like 4 years later that Kimbo of all people got beat? That's really pathetic..

I know Kimbo was going to lose seeing as he was a street fighter for the most part competing in mma against a vet like Roy. The fact that both post actually had to do with the same fight was indeed a coincedence. And Roy was way more experienced when he fought cro cop as opposed to Kimbo. He fought Kimbo first so yes he may have been scared. Yes he fought in the IFL and what not. Also you along with every other smart guy on here keeps saying that I am saying he was scared because he didn't stand with him. I have stated like 15 different damn times that I'm not saying he was scared because he took the smart route and took down Kimbo. I'm saying the way he defended when Kimbo was punching him looked scared not the fact that he took him down. STFU and read before you start saying that I am saying he was suppose to stand with Kimbo

I have wrote several different times it was smart for him to take Kimbo down and I am not saying he was scared for doing so or questioning his game plan. I am saying he looked scared while he was getting struck at. Freaking read before you come at me saying the same thing that 15 other people have said that I already shut down. Get off sherdog if you can't read

You might as well stop getting mad, pretty much no one on the forums agrees that Nelson looked scared.

So why don't you tell us why you think he looked scared in the first place? What you think he had a scared look on his face or something? lmao

You might as well stop getting mad, pretty much no one on the forums agrees that Nelson looked scared.

So why don't you tell us why you think he looked scared in the first place? What you think he had a scared look on his face or something? lmao

I already said why. The way he covered up against Kimbos strikes was not technical it looked like someone that was worried covering up not a professional mma fighter with great boxing defense.

I already said why. The way he covered up against Kimbos strikes was not technical it looked like someone that was worried covering up not a professional mma fighter with great boxing defense.

roy nelson has taken more punches that anyone in the history of the UFC. that should tell you he doesnt have great defense, especially at that time when he wasnt as good on the feet

I have wrote several different times it was smart for him to take Kimbo down and I am not saying he was scared for doing so or questioning his game plan. I am saying he looked scared while he was getting struck at. Freaking read before you come at me saying the same thing that 15 other people have said that I already shut down. Get off sherdog if you can't read

just LOL

Thank God he took your advice! Appreciate it.

Back