Was Ronda a genetically gifted fighter?

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is she Brockish in term of athletic ability or was it simply that her competition was piss poor?

She is not gifted at all. She has clumsy movemet. She is not a natural born fighter. She was a good but not world class judoka.

She was genetically gifted, once in a life time athlete, that could be beat men.

But fucking USADA has to ruin everything ffs!!!

she was UFC gifted with the no fight Cyborg clause

Compared 99% of WMMA fighters, absolutely. Compared to other world class female athletes, not nearly as much so, but she was still gifted enough to medal in the olympics.

She is not gifted at all. She has clumsy movemet. She is not a natural born fighter. She was a good but not world class judoka.

She's won world championships and an Olympic Medal, that's the very definition of "world class".

To TS: it's not genetics, it's getting armbarred at 5 years old. My daughter is 9 and is a monster on the mats. Regularly dominates 10-12 year old boys with nasty guardplay and triangle chokes. It's because she started training with me at a very very young age.

she was UFC gifted with the no fight Cyborg clause
In all fairness it's Cris's fault. Cris refused to make weight, refused a contract, asked to be released, and failed two PED tests.

I wouldn't use the terms Brockish or piss poor. She was a very athletic fighter with excellent skills in one disipline fighting in an underdeveloped weightclass. In such a weightclass either one of those could possibly be sufficient to reign.

Ronda's true gift was her

line up of mediocre opponents

I think her greatest gift was her borderline autistic competitiveness. Probably the main driving factor in her success.

The suggestion that it's only one of the those two options makes me wanna drop kick you.

Uh she got Silver.

She has strength. And when it comes to grappling she has great technique.

Problem is she is not agile nor fast and not coordinated. Striking requires a lot of coodination and overall atheticism than Judo does.

The best grappling athletes are wrestlers and its not even close. Bjj'ers are far behind and Judoka are far behind them.

She was genetically gifted, once in a life time athlete, that could be beat men.

But fucking USADA has to ruin everything ffs!!!
It sure seems a little suspect that she went down hill after they implemented the new testing. Her body looked much worse too. She lost a ton of muscle. Its funny all the smack she would talk about others on the subject.

She was a powerful individual, and had some of the best judo we have ever seen inside the octagon.

That being said, I believe the competition she had faced wasn't top notch which was one of the biggest reasons for why she was as successful.

The arm bars were pretty and virtually unstoppable due to the fact that none of these chicks had a game plan which could counter Ronda's strengths. Holly was the first one to implement a blueprint on how to beat her. The rest of them, Meisha, Correia, Zingano, the Canadian girl, etc, tried to match fire with fire, and got brutalized.

Nearly all of Rousey's opponents tried to 'out Judo' her, and this was the main mistake. They played right into her strengths by staying in the pocket with little or no movement and trying to grapple.

Zingano bull rushed her.. Tate endlessly went for take downs in the second fight.. Bethe stayed in the pocket flat footed. They were all just sitting ducks at this point.

If you're not a striker you shouldn't try and bang with a person who is prolific in that department, and likewise applies to wrestling, grappling, etc.

Rousey learned of this too last night, trying to out strike a gifted and natural striker. Can't match fire with fire, especially in WMMA where the skill and physical gifts aren't widely varied.

On top of this, Rousey had a mean mug which I know got into the heads of her opponents. But one solid counter strike followed by lateral movement to avoid the judo throw, and that mean mug of Ronda's turns into a glare of desperation. And now that her aura of invincibility is over, I don't think she will ever be the same figure again.

All things considered, she was a good female fighter with respect to her competition. But she was vastly over hyped, being talked about as if she could beat up the men in her respective weight class, and she bought into all of this. I really think she bought her own hype and didn't evolve as a fighter.

Her punching technique was not the greatest, her head movement was non existent and she was unable to effectively defend herself.

I'm not a Rousey hater and she does not need to prove anything to anyone. But in my opinion, these last 2 fights will leave an asterisk on her greatness, especially to the hardcore fans who are capable of rendering their own opinions and beliefs without the media telling them otherwise.

At the end of the day, she has had one heck of a career and is probably still one of the most famous female athletes. The way she lost just has more and more people talking about her and how she has fallen from greatness.

Eventually, in the next 20 years or so, there might be a time when these 2 losses may be forgotten about, and she will be considered one of the GOATs by the media who only piled up loses due to being 'at the end' of her fighting career. But the hardcore individuals, the ones who are witnessing all of this right now, will remember the facts, that this girl got brutalized twice in the prime of her life.

Last edited:
It sure seems a little suspect that she went down hill after they implemented the new testing. Her body looked much worse too. She lost a ton of muscle. Its funny all the smack she would talk about others on the subject.

Yea, she literally when from being GSP level good to the female version of CM Punk.

Lol. Absolutely not. Having a snotty attitude and an inferiority complex is not genetically gifted

Back