Was Nick Diaz to blame for that last Silva fight being so dull?

If Nick had a modicum of footwork he could force the fight to take place where he wants it. Since he doesn't he can't.

I still stand by my original comment. I don't see any welterweights that can really hang with Anderson. Nick's footwork could use some work though. I won't deny that.

If Nick had a modicum of footwork he could force the fight to take place where he wants it. Since he doesn't he can't.

lol @ Nick Diaz and footwork in the same sentence. He's flat footed and just moves forward at you in a straight line.

Anyone with good striking can use just lateral movement to beat him like Condit did.

MMA's "best boxer" would get chewed apart against actual boxers with good footwork and head movement.

dmC3RbA.png
Oh well he got paid 300k just to show up to press conferences vs Condit lol which also got fined some but that's badass AF. Overall he got to keep 235k which easily pays off any fees he has got in his career and then some. Who else has got over 6 figures to show up to press conferences?

Glad this turned into a Diaz bashing thread, like we haven't seen enough of those. Classy Sherdoggers as always. Dudes who never trained a day in their lives talking about footwork like they know what they are talking about.

Yes. Just like in the Condit fight he was more concerned at times with throwing power ranger kicks and "clowning" his opponent than landing scoring blows and tactically fighting his fight.

He fought way more aggressively against Condit. He literally was backing Condit against the cage and unloading punches. Against Silva he was timid.

Glad this turned into a Diaz bashing thread, like we haven't seen enough of those. Classy Sherdoggers as always. Dudes who never trained a day in their lives talking about footwork like they know what they are talking about.

People can bash Nick all day on Sherdog often much more graphically than other fighters. If you say one word out of line about Conor McGregor you are shit out of luck immediately. Gotta choose your words carefully when trying to provide critical analysis on that guy lol.

But Nick you can insult that guy's IQ, his footwork, his lifestyle choices, his looks, his family, whatever you want. You're golden.

People can bash Nick all day on Sherdog often much more graphically than other fighters. If you say one word out of line about Conor McGregor you are shit out of luck immediately. Gotta choose your words carefully when trying to provide critical analysis on that guy lol.

But Nick you can insult that guy's IQ, his footwork, his lifestyle choices, his looks, his family, whatever you want. You're golden.

Never understood why people bash fighters and talk shit about them when they fight and entertain us. Everyone acts like an expert on here when 99% of people most likely have no clue what they're talking about. We should appreciate these athletes more imo.

Honestly i think for the first time anderson got mind fucked by nick, like rogan pointed out nick was respectful all the way leading up into the fight and then as soon as it starts he lays down, backs into the cage, called him bitch, and turned his back against him lol. Showed no fear of silva and idk if silva knew how to handle that. Even when silva landed a clinch and punched nick people would usually try to break free but nicks crazy ass started throwing right hands over and over and over to break it lol.

Never understood why people bash fighters and talk shit about them when they fight and entertain us. Everyone acts like an expert on here when 99% of people most likely have no clue what they're talking about. We should appreciate these athletes more imo.

I couldn't agree more. Whenever I see someone blatantly disrespecting any fighter I report them and I would expect to be reported myself. I am an advocate for all these guys getting our respect even if we aren't exactly fans of them in particular..

He fought way more aggressively against Condit. He literally was backing Condit against the cage and unloading punches. Against Silva he was timid.

He fought more aggressively against Condit for sure but he still fucked around in spots in a very similar way. Followed him with his hands up instead of trying to cut him off. Throwing those kicks. Those fucking kicks...

Condit always backs up against someone who wants to come forward, he's an outside fighter.

You're on Sherdog, it's never Nick Diaz's fault here.

It was as much his fault as it was Silva's.

Meh...Anderson had just came back from a horrific injury. I didn't expect him to be full 100% at that point.

You could tell by Anderson's in-fight behavior and post-match celebration that he really wanted the win. He was fighting safe and technical to get the W after being blown up in his last 2 fights with Weidman.

I couldn't agree more. Whenever I see someone blatantly disrespecting any fighter I report them and I would expect to be reported myself. I am an advocate for all these guys getting our respect even if we aren't exactly fans of them in particular..

So forced deification and sycophancy for all then, is it?

Real Diaz fans DON'T GIVE A FLYING F**K, or like, whatever man.

2-0-9-1-2-5. Eat a dick, Bethes'.

considering nick usually fights at 170 and came up to fight anderson in what people thought would be a nice gimme fight for him after the weidman loss, and considering Anderson, a big MW who has also fought and defeated big LHWs couldnt stop this natural WW not known for his wrestling, who was happy to keep the fight on the feet......it looks far, far worse on anderson. Props to Nick for taking a fight and going the distance against the g.o.a.t in match even George wouldnt take all those years.

Back