Was Mike Perry's Chin Cracked After His First Knock Out?

King Cobra

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Usually when a fighter gets knocked out, their chin is never the same again.

Is this the case with Mike Perry?

He didn't get knocked out. Just got knocked down.

His chin will be fine, as long as he sharpens up on his defense.

His chin will be fine.

Its his total lack of skill that will be the problem.

Platinum has a chin, love or hate him. He definitely would benefit from improved head movement and mobility

Platinum was injured

He ate some bombs, Jobin was trying to kill him. I swear I remember Platinum taking some pretty good head kicks

Getting knocked out doesn't automatically make a person's chin weaker. There are so many variables. Sometimes a fighter can get knocked out with a weak shot but then in a future fight can take much harder shots and their chin can seem unbreakable. Robbie Lawler for example

didn't he also get rocked pretty good in his last fight against Danny Roberts?

I think all these Platinum threads after his loss proves one thing, the people love Platinum Mike. He's become more popular than ever, and is the most talked about fighter on sherdog. This is why so many of us felt he had such a bright future, even after a loss he's become a bigger star.

I think all these Platinum threads after his loss proves one thing, the people love Platinum Mike. He's become more popular than ever, and is the most talked about fighter on sherdog. This is why so many of us felt he had such a bright future, even after a loss he's become a bigger star.
The Story of Gifted Hand's GOAT is not over yet that's for sure

He ate some bombs, Jobin was trying to kill him. I swear I remember Platinum taking some pretty good head kicks
He took a bunch of them that landed flush. Would have ko'd any normal human being.

3274245A00000578-0-image-m-58_1458657887327.jpg

Wasn't talking about the fight with Alan Jouban.

Good post. I can see why Perry got out of boxing.

I agree that the issue isn't Perry's chin. It's his punch defense.

He ain't gonna last long taking that much punishment.

Doesn't know the difference between knockdown and knockout

Thinks chin is the only defensive resource for fighters

Forgot who the fuck Cain Velasquez or GSP are and who they became after being KO'd/TKO'd

Back