Was Max Holloway only good because he fought smaller fighters?

I’m thinking max was never that good and totally overrated. Poirier exposed him.

It seemed like Dustin's size and power were more than he could handle. He also is on a tear right now. Max is still one of the greatest fighters in the UFC and I'm sure he'll bounce back just fine.

This is fucking stupid.

But if Aldo was McGregor and Max's size, he beats both, lol.

Shit his stock went up in my book.. I dunno what you guys were watching

Super undersized and hes already lost badly to Dustin before....

Ok.. so now we are shitting on holloway..

Mma fans fucking suck..
Seriously. There are eight classes for a reason. All we seen was he is not a lw. Ok, so now he’s not a good fw? There’s a reason why it’s so impressive when guys can move up and get a belt, people act like it just happen every time now. When did we get to the point where a guy loses and instantly becomes a bum?

155 is the deepest division in MMA. Max went toe to toe with a really good fighter who loves to engage in CQC, and will absorb punishment to deal it. He had Dustin on the cage, hurt a couple times, but the power didn't completely translate so he couldn't get the finish.

Personally, i think if he took more time, bulked up a bit more, and diversified his approach in that fight, he probably would've won. These lightweights are fucking huge right now.

He still ate Dustin's shots, who's a really big guy and was much thicker than him, and has bulked up. Did you guys forget Aldo had Max rocked twice in the first round of their first fight? He recovered just like he did last night.

I would ask, if Aldo would've gone up and lost, do you guys think it would've tainted his legacy? Aldo beat Edgar who had just lost a bad decision to Bendo, and was basically a champ/champ after their first fight, IMO. If he lost to This version Poirier, who had beaten Gaethje and Alvarez, before losing to Max or Conor would it have hurt your perception of him?

It's MMA... Small gloves, so many different practices and specialties, one bad decision, weight cut, punch you don't see, etc., can ruin a fight for you. This isn't boxing. These are fucking killers in there. Most top guys aren't getting breaks between big names like boxing, instead it's a murderers row.

/rant

Seriously. There are eight classes for a reason. All we seen was he is not a lw. Ok, so now he’s not a good fw? There’s a reason why it’s so impressive when guys can move up and get a belt, people act like it just happen every time now. When did we get to the point where a guy loses and instantly becomes a bum?

They're fucking idiots. Conor is 2-2 at 155+, but he's their saviour. Not everyone can hop from weight class to weight class. It's a huge feat and accomplishment for a reason.

Holloway wins based on four traits:
1) Accurate, precise boxing combinations
2) Granite chin
3) Incredible cardio
4) Constant pressure

I honestly think his ridiculous chin is his most important attribute. Without it, I don't think he's much more than a middling gatekeeper since his defense is so terrible. Unfortunately for him, if his chin cracks, which I think it will, he's going to start losing. I think Aldo is considerably more skilled than Hollloway, but the skill gap isn't wide enough for Aldo to overcome Holloway's chin before those flurries start adding up.

Edit: I still can't believe Holloway survived some of those Poirier shots. Since Aldo/Conor keep getting brought into this, I'm pretty sure those shots would have KO'd both.

Remember when people thought he would win the Conor rematch ? LOL

Poirier has some of the best conditioning around and when it comes to heart, he is as mentally strong as any fighter who has ever lived.

Conor is garbage in both of those categories. Last night proved that he'd never survive a rematch with Holloway.

That was definitely one of the factors. I do not see Aldo fairing much better at LW either.

None of you fight it’s laughable when you make statements that would get you laughed out of any gym . Holloway stepped into the octagon 179 lbs for the fight against Dustin .. Dustin stepped into the octagon 171lbs that night . So max had a 3 inch height advantage, arm reach means absolutely nothing it’s a casual stat because the length of your legs determines ur ability to stay in boxing range and kicking range . Max got rag dolled by Conor (whose never walked into the octagon more than 170.45lbs for any fight in his career) with a torn acl , if you think either of the dustin fights were close you’re a casual fan , khabib said it was a draw cuz he wanted max the way easier fight . Volk is about a foot shorter than max and 20lbs lighter , n max was gassed in the 4th n 5th getting picked apart . Max gets ragdolled by fighters in the weight class he’s suppose to be in and can’t even ek out a decision over a guy he’s twice the size of . Stick to listening to jre and watch 5 fights a year , who ever rogans biased ass thinks is elite you clowns parrot like sheep it’s embarrassing. Max and tony should fight for the most overrated belt , they both deserve a shot at that

Back