Was Max Holloway only good because he fought smaller fighters?

KevinLee

✮ ✮ RICH KING LIVING IN JEI'S HEAD✮ ✮
@Brown
Reaction score
dustin-poirier-max-holloway-ufc-236-4.jpg

Max Holloway's punches seemed like pillow punches when he was hitting Dustin. Once he fought a guy his size he got destroyed and his power seemed like nothing. At 145 his punches seem to have so much snap on them. Was Max good because he was beating up smaller fightets who he had a longer reach than?

Last edited:
his strategy is to tire out his opponents by absorbing shots early in the fight so i guess yes, at 145 it works better.

He probably lost a lot of strength eating bomb after bomb in the first round

He lost a shit ton of his legacy last night. Looked pretty bad. Dustin countered him and did so much damage..

Dustin is not his size, ortega is.

No. I think Holloway just met a Dustin Poirier that is clearly on the ascendancy in terms of his abilities.
Not sure what Poirier is doing but he looked stellar. Powerful, crisp muay thai, etc.

No, that's silly.

Besides, Ortega is bigger than Max, he looks too big for Featherweight himself. Max fucked him up. Pettis just moved up to Welterweight and KO'ed a guy that even Tyron Woodley (who walks at around 200 pounds outside of the cage) couldn't finish, he got fucked up by Max, too.

He lost to a dude that just beat Pettis, Gaethje, and Alvarez. People are acting like he lost to a bum

Max' best accomplishment is losing vs Conor.

Yup. Going from beating 161lb Aldo, to losing to 175lb Dustin.

Most definitely.

The dude needs hundreds of flush punches to stop Manlets. Not gonna cut it against people his size.

He did not adjust to 155 properly imo.. he still looked like a 145er im there.. hes tall no doubt be he isnt a big guy

Shit, I tought you were talking about Jones and Adesanya.

Its true Poirier was probably the biggest guy he's fought, and i do think the length was something max had to deal with. But Poiriers style of pocket boxing where he shifts while throwing power was very problematic for Max, who hasnt fought a guy that does that.

He lost to a dude that just beat Pettis, Gaethje, and Alvarez. People are acting like he lost to a bum

Yeah but Dustin has some bad losses as well. And Max is supposed to be this special talent. Did not see that last night..

What a world of difference 10 lbs sometimes makes. I don’t think Max looked terrible, but I agree he didn’t have that snap on his punches. He did the same thing he does to 145ers. And that 10lbs might have made the difference. I like Max a lot. His fighting style is obviously fun to watch but eventually you gotta start feeling bad for guys like that. They just eat way to many fucking shots to the dome, just to get there own offence going.

Ok.. so now we are shitting on holloway..

Mma fans fucking suck..

Back