Was Mai-Sonnen the greatest BJJ victory over Wrestling?

It really was beautiful
PolishedJoyousBongo-size_restricted.gif

And don't forget a 40 year old Maia subbed Askren too.

SQyeZK1.gif

That's one of those transitions I always remember...that and how Nog set up the guillotine on Sylvia. The way he pulled halfguard, swept, went to side control and baited to get Tim to flip and catch him then end up on bottom again with the guillotine tight. Beautiful.

Barreto vs Randle was huge for the BJJ community.

Arona vs Kerr in ADCC.

It's def one of my favs...might be better if it was against a wrestler not known for having terrible sub defense.

Forget your silly sprawl and brawl template... Maia shows the true nightmare matchup for any offensive grappler. Just ask Sonnen or Askren, who were both vaporized by Maia.

And yet this is the guy that people were moaning about should NOT be fighting a Khamzat who said he wanted to take him down and choke Maia out... man you negative nancies ruined what could have been a historic fight. I truly don't think the fanbase was appreciating the gravity of what was going on there with that matchup and Khamzat's INSANE game plan for that fight.

Forget your silly sprawl and brawl template... Maia shows the true nightmare matchup for any offensive grappler. Just ask Sonnen or Askren, who were both vaporized by Maia.

And yet this is the guy that people were moaning about should NOT be fighting a Khamzat who said he wanted to take him down and choke Maia out... man you negative nancies ruined what could have been a historic fight. I truly don't think the fanbase was appreciating the gravity of what was going on there with that matchup and Khamzat's INSANE game plan for that fight.

Maia got tooled by anderson, though

lol good thing Anderson was the exact opposite of an "offensive grappler" and therefore had nothing to do with my post

It is interesting that Mai destroyed Sonnen, who gave Anderson hell, who destroyed Maia. Styles make fights..

It is interesting that Mai destroyed Sonnen, who gave Anderson hell, who destroyed Maia. Styles make fights..
Chael gave a lot of people hell but he didn’t do his geometry homework because triangles were his nemesis. <{outtahere}>

Back