Was Khabib 'Just Another Loss' For McGregor at UFC 229?

McNPCs can say what they want, but there's no way someone as narcissistic and megalomanical as Conor isn't stinging from the Khabib loss. The hit his ego took hurts more than any of the punches he ate.

How is panic wrestling then giving up your back so your opponent will choke you out getting caught?

Well remember Diaz came in at just over 375 lbs. He was swinging a mace and catch net and any lesser man would have ran away. McNuggets dealt with him until Diaz pulled out a chainsaw which was against unified rules so Nuggets wasn't expecting it and got caught.

McNPCs can say what they want, but there's no way someone as narcissistic and megalomanical as Conor isn't stinging from the Khabib loss. The hit his ego took hurts more than any of the punches he ate.
Don't know what npc's mean, but i agree with the rest of your post 100%

Conor is trying to build a business outside of fighting. The appearances that he has made after the fight were mostly likely booked before the fight and he was attending no matter the outcome.

He didn't have the Mayweather payday under his belt after the Diaz fight. He is in a better financial space after the Khabib fight and is trying to sell his whiskey.

Best way to get over the fight (or at least act like you are) is to show people it's not bothering you and carry on business as usual.

He is in limbo now. He has to win his next fight or two to keep selling his confidence persona to most people. Doesn't matter if they are total tomato cans. Otherwise he will just become the heel act who talks shit. If the confidence and the "Mystic mac" angle fails then big talker getting punched out will sell.

He acted exactly the same on social media after the Diaz fight, the only difference was he didn't do an immediate post fight press conference so you didn't get to see him humbled. And also the post fight brawl stopped him from giving Khabib props.

Same exact reason someone like Ric Flair was such a huge star. The guy almost never wins and he even joked when was the last time he actually submitted someone with the figure 4? But people loved to pay to watch him lose.
the 13 time champ...the Nature Boy!!! Woooooo!

Diaz 1: destroyed
Diaz 2: narrow win
Alvarez: big win
Mayweather: destroyed
Khabib: destroyed

Tens of millions of people have watched him get paid a ton of money to get his ass absolutely kicked in 3 of his last 5 fights.

Getting wrecked for money is nothing new at this point, just business as usual.

I'm not knocking the guy, this is just objectively true. He has experience getting paid a lot of money to get beaten.
Diaz 1- Destroyed? c'mon...he dropped him Diaz several times in the first round. Khabib DESTROYED him, Diaz just beat him.

He is in limbo now. He has to win his next fight or two to keep selling his confidence persona to most people. Doesn't matter if they are total tomato cans. Otherwise he will just become the heel act who talks shit. If the confidence and the "Mystic mac" angle fails then big talker getting punched out will sell.
He needs a high profile fight and win big. He still has a lot of fans, so I guess Nate III might do it.

So what are we saying here? Is Conor gonna end up like Bob Sapp?

I think he just needs fights where he seems like the underdog for whatever reason. Smart marketing might be enough. His confidence selling and trashtalk will seem fine as long he is punching up. If we look at the average PPV then it does 300k. Conors median is 1.3 mil. So there are around 1 mil people who don't buy the PPV regulary. If you can sell the storyline to those 1 mil people then you are in money-making business.

What do you want him to do? Would you prefer that he just hid behind a pillow and refused to talk about it for a year?

Diaz 1- Destroyed? c'mon...he dropped him Diaz several times in the first round. Khabib DESTROYED him, Diaz just beat him.
I don't think he dropped him at all in the first fight, much less several times.

I think he's the new Bobb Sapp and he knows that and is fine with it.

There is never a rest from all this garbage. If Conor wins, all the huggers are spamming threads. If he loses the haters are even worse, as is demonstrated here and now.

All the people criticizing him for enjoying life and being happy...

What do you want? Do you want him to hide in a corner and cry? It doesn't matter what he does, you'll have him. That is just as bad as loving him no matter what he does.

Back