Media Was Jones tripping DCs legs when he was hurt sign of huge fight IQ

No, the latter doesn't count. Even if we say those should have been losses, it wouldn't detract from Jones being the GOAT lhw. It would simply mean that he got a couple of questionable decisions after years of dominating - whereas other GOAT candidates simply lost, be that by decision or finish.
Both count IMO. But PEDs are the larger factor.

Yes it’s a good example.

Jon also stopped DC’s clinch/dirty boxing game (that won him a heavyweight title) within one round when they fought (the first time).

I remember it taking Gus three rounds to figure it out. I know I’m randomly posting it but it’s another great example of the “fight IQ” you’re bringing up.
he semed to have dom fully figured out by round 4 also

No issue, I can live with that, No one did it better.
I agree with everything you are saying except the this part.

Are you implying that nobody cheated better than Bones? Because Jones failing multiple drug test is him failing miserably to cheat. Plenty of fantastic fighters have went their entire career without popping.

Juat rewatched the finish after someone mentioned it in the other thread. In my eyes the way Jones tripped Cormier legs after he hurt him was briliant move and showing of masterful fight IQ we all know Bones has

Years of wrestling. Probably instinct. Cormier did something similar to Hendo.

i think the whole sequence was pretty well executed. he followed him but didn't smother his strikes like Rumble did when he hurt DC, used a lot of successive uppercut feints to disrupt DC's timing and make him think twice at shooting for clinch, threw a nice overhand left to get DC to defend high and then swept his leg knocking him off balance. he missed the flying knee, but DC immediately fell and got crushed from the ensuing ground and pound after that.

Jones variety of attack is what makes him so great. Sure Khabib is an animal on the ground and so difficult to escape but he doesn't have the variety that Jones has.

Jones was just far superior to DC in everyway.

its the same masterful move DC used on hendo

<Goldie11>

Juat rewatched the finish after someone mentioned it in the other thread. In my eyes the way Jones tripped Cormier legs after he hurt him was briliant move and showing of masterful fight IQ we all know Bones has

Sure did look like it & it worked too

Best Ever. The Roida, well we KNOW more take them then get caught, so even MORE of your favorite fighters are juicing then we know at this point. Also, why are they so "effective in his case?"Lol If it is only them making him so AMAZING, what about all of the other people taking them? He has still been better than EVERYONE.

Greatness is subjective, Jones was the best LHW I ever saw. No one was better, off or on any type of rocket fuel. Heck guys who roided were not even on his caliber.

Until otherwise he is the greatest LHW I ever saw compete and you have to live with it. If you don’t think so, okay, I do.
In order to be the best or greatest you have to win within the rule set, when you cheat you are (Or should be in this case) disqualified thus losing or forfeiting the contest. Like lance armstrong, he is the highest performing athlete but not the greatest as he shouldn’t have been awarded his wins due to cheating.

Whether some of his opponents were also cheating or not is irrelevant as they too are disqualified. I would agree that Jones is the greatest cheater/juicer in mma though easily.

same story with anderoid and Fedor.

Last edited:
Jons fight iq is insane. Its probably the reason he will remain either on top or very close even into older age provided he doesn't take too much damage to the head. He is slipping a bit physically now I believe but is winning narrowly on out smarting the guys still

Back