Was Jon Jones ever really that good?

s1ncity

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Obviously he's been juiced his entire career but I feel like his last two fights have also exposed his one-dimensional skills.

People always said he can only beat old guys or blown up MWs but I think they have a point.

Reyes is tall and can box well, these two things alone seem to give Jon fits just like Gus did.

Not saying he is a bad fighter or anything but he certainly isn't close to GSP even if you ignore his roid busts.

Were you ever not this stupid?

DC is his best win lhw is shit

Usually this happens when a fighter loses, John hasn't even lost.
If he's one dimensional, what is his one dimension? His wrestling?

Usually this happens when a fighter loses, John hasn't even lost.
If he's one dimensional, what is his one dimension? His wrestling?
No, because his wrestling isn't even good anymore

Volkan wrestled better against Reyes than Jones did lol

He also couldn't take Santos down and looked terrible against Smith

no one else reply to this shit. dont even give them the time of day. ban from sherdog and ban from life

Yes. He stepped in to fight shogun and manhandled him.

I’ve got a few picograms that say yes.

TS is the new PrideJitzoo. Dudes threads are so bad they trigger everyone and it goes 10 pages deep. Imma give him a solid 6/10. The Gsp is the greatest athlete ever had us arguing for days. Thats a 8.5/10.

Obviously he's been juiced his entire career but I feel like his last two fights have also exposed his one-dimensional skills.

People always said he can only beat old guys or blown up MWs but I think they have a point.

Reyes is tall and can box well, these two things alone seem to give Jon fits just like Gus did.

Not saying he is a bad fighter or anything but he certainly isn't close to the real GOAT GSP even if you ignore his roid busts.

Jesus, the hatred is so palpable. He forced some of the greatest LHWs of all time to move down to middle weight in their prime because they knew they'd never sniff the title again while he was champion, and that gets turned into "blown-up MWs." He beats Daniel Cormier easily twice, who then goes on to claim the HW title, and he's only beating on old guys.

Look at the LHW champions after Chuck Liddell

Rampage
Forrest
Evans
Machida
Shogun

He beat four of the previous five champions CONSECUTIVELY to start his LHW champion run. He had essentially cleared the entire LHW division at that point. After that, he fought Prime TRT Vitor and made him look like a child.

THEN to argue that he's ONE DIMENSIONAL??? Jones is about as far from one-dimensional as any champion ever. His submission grappling is amazing, his ground and pound is disgusting to watch, his striking is very unique (some would argue cheap, but I'll just use the word "unique"). He's extremely innovative. Your post is founded in such a crazy amount of ignorance.

Jesus, the hatred is so palpable. He forced some of the greatest LHWs of all time to move down to middle weight in their prime because they knew they'd never sniff the title again while he was champion, and that gets turned into "blown-up MWs." He beats Daniel Cormier easily twice, who then goes on to claim the HW title, and he's only beating on old guys.

Look at the LHW champions after Chuck Liddell

Rampage
Forrest
Evans
Machida
Shogun

He beat four of the previous five champions CONSECUTIVELY to start his LHW champion run. He had essentially cleared the entire LHW division at that point. After that, he fought Prime TRT Vitor and made him look like a child.

THEN to argue that he's ONE DIMENSIONAL??? Jones is about as far from one-dimensional as any champion ever. His submission grappling is amazing, his ground and pound is disgusting to watch, his striking is very unique (some would argue cheap, but I'll just use the word "unique"). He's extremely innovative. Your post is founded in such a crazy amount of ignorance.
He got ya mate
tenor.gif

His twenties were dominant. Dudes got miles on him. For all the talk of wanting to be undisputed GOAT, I think hes got a severe case of long reigning champion fatigue. Both GSP and Anderson had the same thing. Its noticable in GSP Hendricks, and Anderson Weidman 1. The other side of that is opponents have years to study those kinds of champions. Wont be surprised if Jon loses soon, especially if he tests HW.

I don't understand why sherdoggers hates him so much i mean yeah Jones did some horrible things outside the cage but he is a human like everyone else and we learn from mistakes. Jones run from 2010 to 2015 is amazing finished many great killers/fighters and stop crying with that bullshit excuse he defended belt against Mw's. Nobody forced them to move up and fight Jones

He’s the most overrated fighter of all time, with the most overrated record ever, against the most overrated opponents I’ve ever seen, in the most overrated organization that’s ever existed.

Back