Was John Morgan Out of Line When He Asked Conor About the Lawsuits, Or....

It’s literally his job. Kinda lame the crowd booed the question tbh.

Not saying I doubt Conor or that the court of public opinion should crucify him, but it’s definitely a legitimate question.

If Tom Brady had a civil suit brought against him alleging some kind of assault you don’t think media would be asking him about it before his game on Sunday? When you’re a public figure the door to this stuff is wide open.

Nope nothing wrong with it.

Lol at the boo's, pathetic ass human beings/fans. They go Ohhh when Conor mentions his business and unrelated fight stuff, but don't want to hear about his potential criminal allegation. Garbage human beings.
The thing is though it's been investigated fully, if there was any evidence to support her claim they'd be in criminal court and even then until a verdict came out he would be presumed innocent, but they're wasn't even enough evidence for them to press charges so it's completely unfair to rehash it after that point unless she actually wins a civil case down the line.

I think if any of you imagined themselves in that position as an innocent man you'd feel very different about this whole situation, mud sticks and it should be illegal to print or broadcast anything about allegations like that until a conviction is secured, it already is in most civilized countries.

LOL at imbeciles who think Morgan wasn't TOLD to ask that question. It means a greater chance of others not asking it since John already covered it and IF anyone did ask about it after John Conor could simply say he already answered what he wanted to about it.

I think it’s fair game to ask a loaded question like that if you inform the person beforehand so they have time to think about a response, otherwise you’re basically trying to “catch them out” and make them look bad, which is basically attack journalism.
Complete nonsense.

1. If an athlete (or any famous person for that matter) is being sued, and that lawsuit has gained widespread attention, there's not "catch them out" going on. They already know that the question will be asked and should have already figured out how they'd respond when asked. This isn't out of the blue.

2. The idea that journalists should feed people questions beforehand is absurd on its face.

The thing is though it's been investigated fully, if there was any evidence to support her claim they'd be in criminal court and even then until a verdict came out he would be presumed innocent, but they're wasn't even enough evidence for them to press charges so it's completely unfair to rehash it after that point unless she actually wins a civil case down the line.

I think if any of you imagined themselves in that position as an innocent man you'd feel very different about this whole situation, mud sticks and it should be illegal to print or broadcast anything about allegations like that until a conviction is secured, it already is in most civilized countries.
I'm not saying Conor is guilty or not guilty. John Morgan asked the question to see if it changed anything with Conor's mentality in relation to the fight as the news came out this week, and Conor responded appropriately and showed that it did not affect him. It was a fair question for John to ask. John never said asked if Conor is guilty or not.

My issue is with these hypocrite two faced fans booing John Morgan for simply asking an appropriate question. Is Conor guilty or not? idk. But those fans who boo'd John and defended Conor could possibly be supporting a man who may have committed sexual assault but they don't care. To me it just shows how shitty human beings can be.

I look at it from both sides, from Conor's and the potential victim.

Out of line? Not in the slightest. We're media, we're supposed to ask these questions. I am disappointed in the crowd booing the question, though.
No we’re not, rich and famous get bullshit lawsuits all the time

Who was the fighter who asked Morgan what happened to his chin or where did his chin go on Twitter?

Complete nonsense.

1. If an athlete (or any famous person for that matter) is being sued, and that lawsuit has gained widespread attention, there's not "catch them out" going on. They already know that the question will be asked and should have already figured out how they'd respond when asked. This isn't out of the blue.

2. The idea that journalists should feed people questions beforehand is absurd on its face.

Do you work in the media? I do. There’s ethics involved, or at least there should be.

God i forgot about that video...lmaaaooo that fucking cocksucker I am so glad Mike didnt let him get away with that. That guy deserved to get fucking slapped

Excellent! I had forgotten about that.

This is my all time favourite athlete tearing in to a reporter. He’s still on the same channel, and when I see him, I’ll say to my wife - ‘there’s that rat piece of shit’ and we both howl about the memory of that interview.

Do you work in the media? I do. There’s ethics involved, or at least there should be.
This wasn't new information that was sprung on Conor. It didn't come out of the blue; everyone, including Conor, was aware of the situation. It certainly wasn't a "gotcha" moment and shouldn't have taken anyone off guard.

This wasn't new information that was sprung on Conor. It didn't come out of the blue; everyone, including Conor, was aware of the situation. It certainly wasn't a "gotcha" moment and shouldn't have taken anyone off guard.

No shit, but the correct thing to do is inform the ufc you will be asking a question about the subject beforehand. You don’t have to tell them what the question is, just that you’ll be asking about it. If you’re going to spring tough questions on people without giving them a heads up you won’t get many interviews or call backs from them ever again.

He's not dana or conor's friend. He's a reporter. It's his job to ask questions. He has no obligation to stay away from such questions or to make conor, dana or the ufc look good.

I'm not saying Conor is guilty or not guilty. John Morgan asked the question to see if it changed anything with Conor's mentality in relation to the fight as the news came out this week, and Conor responded appropriately and showed that it did not affect him. It was a fair question for John to ask. John never said asked if Conor is guilty or not.

My issue is with these hypocrite two faced fans booing John Morgan for simply asking an appropriate question. Is Conor guilty or not? idk. But those fans who boo'd John and defended Conor could possibly be supporting a man who may have committed sexual assault but they don't care. To me it just shows how shitty human beings can be.

I look at it from both sides, from Conor's and the potential victim.
My problem with it comes from the significant damage it can do to the reputation of an innocent person, which I think at this stage Conor should be assumed to be since the police fully investigated and found no case to answer.

If someone is guilty they will and should suffer the consequences when found guilty in court, that is the just order, for Conor (or anyone else) to have to deal with the stigma and financial damage of these allegations for years just based on an allegation is wrong, and it's even more wrong 2nd time around now that the police have decided there's no case against Conor.

For me it's a moral issue, imagine being innocent and knowing that everyone you meet is thinking about the allegations, hell your family might support you and say they believe you, but you'd know deep down they have doubts.

The UFC and Mcgregor knew it was being asked, Mcgregor was ready with his response and got a great response from the crowd. It was like he wanted to answer that question, and the UFC love this John Morgan guy and probably know what he's going to ask before the press conference even starts.

That guy knows he's got a very great spot in the UFC, gets front row seats to every event and weigh ins and the first questions to every media scrum and press conference. I highly doubt he's dumb enough to risk getting told to shut the fuck up by Mcgregor and Dana White who would in any other situation do exactly that.

No, if you don't like those type of questions then don't do stupid shit.

At least conor took it better than jon and dana did (bullying that female journalist).

I think it’s fair game to ask a loaded question like that if you inform the person beforehand so they have time to think about a response, otherwise you’re basically trying to “catch them out” and make them look bad, which is basically attack journalism.

Not...sure...that's how it works.

Back