Was JDS exposed last night?

Yeah, seemed to me he was backpedaling and running away from the opening second. He didn't even once try and stand his ground, he was always on the backfoot. Looks like if you put some pressure on him, be aggressive, mix your takedowns and striking he falls apart.

This. Of course a lot of clowns itt think it was a lucky big punch that hurt jds early and that future opponents of his can only look for that lucky punch.

Jds recovered but had and did nothing.

Cain sucked too. His chin wasn't a factor. He gassed against a fighter who wasn't fighting back and couldn't hold a damaged fighter down or advance.

This. Of course a lot of clowns itt think it was a lucky big punch that hurt jds early and that future opponents of his can only look for that lucky punch.

Jds recovered but had and did nothing.

Cain's punch was very well timed, set up and executed. It was anything but lucky, just like JDS' in the first bout. This series has ultimately been decided by two punches.

Cain's punch was very well timed, set up and executed. It was anything but lucky, just like JDS' in the first bout. This series has ultimately been decided by two punches.

That punch and the subsequent damage probably cost Jds a round or two but I think he recovered and had no excuse the last three rounds. It wasn't that punch that hurt him early on that cost him the fight.

He got exposed to all the people who thought he was going to win. They never even got to fight the first time. Cain has always been the better fighter, he just had to prove it.

Pretty clear?

lol

Who can do that besides Cain?

He got exposed to all the people who thought he was going to win. They never even got to fight the first time. Cain has always been the better fighter, he just had to prove it.

Seeing as they are 1/1 id say wait until the rubber match to decide who is the better man.

Name another HW in the world with Cains wrestling, cardio and striking?

That punch and the subsequent damage probably cost Jds a round or two but I think he recovered and had no excuse the last three rounds. It wasn't that punch that hurt him early on that cost him the fight.

I think he didn't really recover til the 4th round. By that time, he was already too battered and seemed completely lost.

And exactly which future opponents are going to be able to pull that off?

well , its pretty clear but noone can do . cain is a monster

Yep, pretty clear that all you need to do to beat Junior dos Santos is develop elite wrestling, unrelenting cardio, possess a serious chin, as well as good enough striking to close the distance-- and every heavyweight has those attributes.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!
I think Cormier is the only other fighter who can push that kind of game plan to JDS at HW and beat him the same way.

Cormier would take JDS to the cleaners because unlike Cain he has a great chin, although Cains isn't bad he's hurtable and Cormier hits like a truck. And Cormier is even more of a beast than Cain as far as wrestling goes and his striking ability is improving faster than anyone I've seen in MMA save JBJ. His cardio isn't as prestigious but his physical power, awesome speed and strength more than compensates for it. Unfortunately it could be that we'll never get to see the two best HW's fight, much the same as the situation in HW Boxing :(

Of course he was exposed. He was being dominated the 3:38 sec before the punch even landed. See Cain's face..couple scratches.
Cain exposed Brock and now JDS. 2 for 2, I'd say!

until the 3rd fight i wouldn't judge who is the better fighter , jds looked off last night thats all

So you think a professional fighter fighting for the UFC HW title didn't prepare himself properly and took his opponent lightly and that happens 99% of the time and is a possible reason for them losing?

How about we make this assumption instead, Cain is a better and more skilled fighter than JDS and this is the reason he was able to beat him for 5 rounds accumulating even 2 10-8 rounds on 1 judge's scorecard.

Funny, I said nothing that even remotely resembled this.
You sir, are true Sherdogger. Congratulations.

If you say so.:rolleyes:

JDS was definitely exposed for the one dimensional brawler I have always said he was. This time he couldnt win by throwing the haymaker against the one and only worthy opponent he has faced.

Funny, I said nothing that even remotely resembled this.
You sir, are true Sherdogger. Congratulations.

And it might have been that he took Cain lightly. Can we assume he might not do that next time? Can we assume that he would have something to prove in the next fight?
These are assumptions that we can make and be correct 99% of the time.

Seems like you just said that, maybe I'm incorrect, but you said these are assumptions that we can make 99% of the time and be correct. Don't blame me or accuse me of twisting your words when you are too stupid to articulate anything that remotely makes sense.

Cormier would take JDS to the cleaners because unlike Cain he has a great chin, although Cains isn't bad he's hurtable and Cormier hits like a truck. And Cormier is even more of a beast than Cain as far as wrestling goes and his striking ability is improving faster than anyone I've seen in MMA save JBJ. His cardio isn't as prestigious but his physical power, awesome speed and strength more than compensates for it. Unfortunately it could be that we'll never get to see the two best HW's fight, much the same as the situation in HW Boxing :(

I'm not convinced Cormier can do what Cain did. True, he has the wrestling credentials and improved striking, but he fights completely differently. He hasn't shown to be able to set the pace that Cain can. Also since he's never fought JDS, I think it would be a mistake to make assumptions about his chin. Cain has a good chin btw.

Cain was hungrier this time...JDS was last time. In the 3rd fight we'll see what happens..

Back