Was JDS exposed last night?

As long as the blueprint involves landing a huge shot on his jaw, then yes, you can try and follow this blueprint. However, keep in mind that the next fight JDS should be hungrier, wiser, and may not play along.

Lol @ automatically assuming a losing fighter will come back stronger and angrier. Smh at assuming motivation is a big factor in a sport and world where everyone wants to be number one.

Stop with this hungrier myth. Irregardless of who's hungrier Jds did nothing in that fight even though everyone at home saw the chances. Jds should have prepared to be able to plant his feet and throw punches but evidently he doesn't have that basic skill.

Watch that fight again and tell me that Cain wasnt hungrier for the win. Jds was gassed, hurt and outclassed by a better man on the night. Its hard to plant your feet and throw bombs when youre zombified and getting taken down repeatedly.

He was considered by some to be unstoppable, a world class boxer, a guy that nobody could take down, and future HW GOAT. In that sense, yes, he was exposed.

Lol @ automatically assuming a losing fighter will come back stronger and angrier. Smh at assuming motivation is a big factor in a sport and world where everyone wants to be number one.

*Looks at BJ Penn and Shogun*

Watch that fight again and tell me that Cain wasnt hungrier for the win. Jds was gassed, hurt and outclassed by a better man on the night. Its hard to plant your feet and throw bombs when youre zombified and getting taken down repeatedly.

Outclassed is when you show superior skills but I didn't see any skills from Jds. Couldn't and wouldn't capitalize on cains desperately failed shots early on. Couldn't capitalize after he got time to recover and Cain gassed and kept shooting for a shitty high single he couldn't finish because he was so tired.

As long as the blueprint involves landing a huge shot on his jaw, then yes, you can try and follow this blueprint. However, keep in mind that the next fight JDS should be hungrier, wiser, and may not play along.

No he didn't need to land that big shot because he was wearing JDS down before that even happened. The blueprint is to pressure the shit out of JDS and get inside his reach, constantly try and take him down and force him to keep his hands down to try and avoid takedowns. Beat him to the punch, and keep the pressure on him. Someone posted last night that JDS got Couture'd and I think that is a very good way of describing it. Couture used to impose his will on you and smother that crap out of fighters wearing them down and Cain fights very similar. Cormier is also capable of fighting this way.

I can see 3 guys who are capable of imposing this same game plan now. Cain, Cormier and Werdum. I know everyone is going to say that he shit canned Werdum but Werdum's striking has gotten a lot better since that fight and he is able to smother fighters as well. I would like to see a rematch of those two. I think the outcome could be different on any given night though as JDS has the gift of power so he can change the direction in a hurry.

And it might have been that he took Cain lightly. Can we assume he might not do that next time? Can we assume that he would have something to prove in the next fight?
These are assumptions that we can make and be correct 99% of the time.

This. I'm not sure how/why all of these alternative explanations on why the fight went the way that it did have taken off.

You guys sound like the same sort of folks that said the flying knee Jones landed on Shogun was the only reason Shogun looked like shit and lost the fight.

Actually, there are a lot of parallels with the aftermath of this fight and the aftermath of Jones/Shogun.

Seems like there is a lot of overlap between Shogun fans and JDS fans and you guys pull out the same bullshit whenever one of your beloved Brazilians lose.

I've seen so far

JDS must have had an undisclosed injury
JDS last night wasn't "Hungry JDS"
"Overtrained JDS" much like "Injured Shogun"

no - he landed a monster punch early, from which JDS never recovered.

nice try though.

to be fair he was right, all future opponents have to do is do that and they are set against JDS :icon_chee

to be fair he was right, all future opponents have to do is do that and they are set against JDS :icon_chee

True sir. Not sure why JDS didn't just follow his blueprint and punch Cain in the head in the opening seconds. :rolleyes:

Seriously stop with this exposed shit, he got overwhemled and outclassed by a better prepared and hungrier fighter. He's still an elite HW and is still in the mix. He'll most likely get another chance for the belt in the future and he can still beat just about anyone on any given night. Give it a rest son

Hungry JDS, Chuck With that look in his eye, Healthy Shogun, Motivated BJ Penn, and Broke Fitch are the collective GOAT

And it might have been that he took Cain lightly. Can we assume he might not do that next time? Can we assume that he would have something to prove in the next fight?

Yeah. Jds had nothing to prove. Not like his title was on the line or anything.

War motivated dos santos.

So you think a professional fighter fighting for the UFC HW title didn't prepare himself properly and took his opponent lightly and that happens 99% of the time and is a possible reason for them losing?

How about we make this assumption instead, Cain is a better and more skilled fighter than JDS and this is the reason he was able to beat him for 5 rounds accumulating even 2 10-8 rounds on 1 judge's scorecard.

Yep, pretty clear that all you need to do to beat Junior dos Santos is develop elite wrestling, unrelenting cardio, possess a serious chin, as well as good enough striking to close the distance-- and every heavyweight has those attributes.

Well said. It's so simple! brb I am going to go become the UFC HW champ.

JDS came in too big physically, suffered the consequences.

lol He was around the same size as he's been in most of his other fights in the UFC. It's not like he just gained weight overnight or anything. I don't see many JDS fans saying Werdum came in too big physically, despite Werdum weighing in at over 20 lbs more than his normal fighting weight.

Be honest, what fighter can withstand what Cain did last night? being relentlessly pressured for 5 rounds, being hit with bombs and not being allowed the time or space to work your game.

However, as mentioned, it's unlikely that every fighter can maintain that level of work or possesses the skill set that Cain does so yes, fighters may know what they have to do to beat JDS in the future, but whether they can is another matter. Likewise, JDS now knows what he needs to do to avoid that happening again, so it works both ways.

Back