Was JDS exposed last night?

So future opponents have to somehow steal Cain's talent, cardio, and relentlessness?

A lot of you are claiming he lost because he got rocked early but really cmon now.. like he was doing great before he got rocked. Cain came in with the right gameplan and JDS didn't have an answer whatsoever for it.

I'm apologizing now if any Dos Santos fans were this bad a year ago.

He was exposed as being not as good as Cain. That's it.

JDS style was exposed.
He is a very defensive fighter, often choosing to back away and stand up when his opponent loses grip on a takedown or clinch.

On numerous occasions Cain went for a leg and was left on all fours while JDS backed away, considering especially when JDS almost reversed a takedown in the first to only back away and stand up when he couldve had a advantageous position on Cain.

I certainly think if JDS had been more aggressive in those situations he wouldve had far more success and Cain much less so.
It is almost as if Cain gave him no respect because he predicted JDS's very defensive nature, and this worked to a tee.

Which in turn exposes JDS game in not being able to adapt and being a bit too defensive, although his tdd was excellent.

A lot of you are claiming he lost because he got rocked early but really cmon now.. like he was doing great before he got rocked. Cain came in with the right gameplan and JDS didn't have an answer for it.

He was doing great. Cain damn near looked silly diving for his legs and ending up on all fours on the mat while Junior calmly backed away. You had the volume up, didn't you?
You got Roganed, bro.

All of you saying he wasn't exposed couldn't be more wrong. Cain laid a blueprint on how to beat him. All of you saying that not many others could do the same would be correct though but there are a couple. Cormier might be able to impose the same game plan and might even be able to finish because he has heavier hands then Cain. No one has been able to figure out a way to deal with JDS before this and now a way to beat him has been exposed.

That being said though I think JDS comes away better after this and it will be much tougher the next time around. These guys are elite for a reason and JDS will be back better then before.

Seriously stop with this exposed shit, he got overwhemled and outclassed by a better prepared and hungrier fighter. He's still an elite HW and is still in the mix. He'll most likely get another chance for the belt in the future and he can still beat just about anyone on any given night. Give it a rest son

Another great post. These are getting harder and harder to find on Sherdog. :icon_sad:

If you can't beat a gassed fighter coming forward and you're a technical counter striker, yes, I say you're exposed. He was not out-classed. Randy outclassed Tito, Silvia, gonzaga. Dos santos didn't do anything and cain began to slow down and Jds didn't know how to even go about capitalizing. He sucked, raised big questions about what how good he really is.

JDS style was exposed.
He is a very defensive fighter, often choosing to back away and stand up when his opponent loses grip on a takedown or clinch.

On numerous occasions Cain went for a leg and was left on all fours while JDS backed away, considering especially when JDS almost reversed a takedown in the first to only back away and stand up when he couldve had a advantageous position on Cain.

I certainly think if JDS had been more aggressive in those situations he wouldve had far more success and Cain much less so.
It is almost as if Cain gave him no respect because he predicted JDS's very defensive nature, and this worked to a tee.

Which in turn exposes JDS game in not being able to adapt and being a bit too defensive, although his tdd was excellent.

Yeah, seemed to me he was backpedaling and running away from the opening second. He didn't even once try and stand his ground, he was always on the backfoot. Looks like if you put some pressure on him, be aggressive, mix your takedowns and striking he falls apart.

Exposed as what exactly?

An elite HW that's simply not as good as Cain?

He still beats everyone else in the division except maybe Reem.

All of you saying he wasn't exposed couldn't be more wrong. Cain laid a blueprint on how to beat him. All of you saying that not many others could do the same would be correct though but there are a couple. Cormier might be able to impose the same game plan and might even be able to finish because he has heavier hands then Cain. No one has been able to figure out a way to deal with JDS before this and now a way to beat him has been exposed.

That being said though I think JDS comes away better after this and it will be much tougher the next time around. These guys are elite for a reason and JDS will be back better then before.

As long as the blueprint involves landing a huge shot on his jaw, then yes, you can try and follow this blueprint. However, keep in mind that the next fight JDS should be hungrier, wiser, and may not play along.

Seriously stop with this exposed shit, he got overwhemled and outclassed by a better prepared and hungrier fighter. He's still an elite HW and is still in the mix. He'll most likely get another chance for the belt in the future and he can still beat just about anyone on any given night. Give it a rest son

Stop with this hungrier myth. Irregardless of who's hungrier Jds did nothing in that fight even though everyone at home saw the chances. Jds should have prepared to be able to plant his feet and throw punches but evidently he doesn't have that basic skill.

not at all

two great fighter got in a cage and one of them implemented his game plan better than the other........nothing more

the same thing happened last time they fought but with a different result

Stop with this hungrier myth. Irregardless of who's hungrier Jds did nothing in that fight even though everyone at home saw the chances. Jds should have prepared to be able to plant his feet and throw punches but evidently he doesn't have that basic skill.

Right. JDS doesn't have "basic" striking skills.
I think you just exposed yourself, bro. Now GTFO.

Back