Was it true that the UFC back in the day tried to sign Ashida Kim?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Is it true that UFC tries to sign Ashida Kim to fight in the UFC during the early 2000s as a way to gain the attention of the martial arts world?

Back in the early 2000s you had tons of traditional martial arts schools and many folks who claimed grandious claims of special moves and martial mastery of the arts. Ashida Kim was a top dog in the martial arts world and had a strange shoot match with Phil.

The UFC already HAD the attention of the martial arts world, from day one. Some just chose to ignore it and pretend it didn't exist, because it was bad for business.

Anybody who tells you otherwise had their head stuck in the sand or is flat out lying.

I highly doubt it. Ashida Kim is a fucking fruit, it only would have embarrassed the UFC and Ashida Kim would have absolutely not actually fought, would have just somehow weaseled in some book he was selling and then disappear or some shit.

I highly doubt it. Ashida Kim is a fucking fruit, it only would have embarrassed the UFC and Ashida Kim would have absolutely not actually fought, would have just somehow weaseled in some book he was selling and then disappear or some shit.

or he would have fucking ninja mind controlled Royce!

I was there when it happened, and yes there were talks.

Askida Kim demanded a guaranteed purse of 750 million dollars (placed with a verifiable third party) "plus gate receipts", no cameras or video taping, and hand-picking the referee.

The UFC rejected it, which further illustrated how "human cock fighters" are scared of the ways of the ninja.

In what capacity?

I was just joking and being silly.

I've been involved in MAs since about 1998 but only a fan of MMA since about 2003ish so I wouldn't know.

It sounds like bullplop on the surface. Everyone with any seriousness has known Ashida Kim is the mother of all frauds, plus he would have been in his early 50s at the time. And he wasn't *that* famous outside of his weird little circle.

Deep down, even Kim himself knows he's a fraud. When I use to post on Bullshido someone actually anted up for his ridiculously slanted "$10,000 challenge"...and he immediately ran from it.

In my in head canon, Travis Fulton Power slammed Ashida Kim that fight and not Jeremy Bullock.

I was just joking and being silly.

I've been involved in MAs since about 1998 but only a fan of MMA since about 2003ish so I wouldn't know.

It sounds like bullplop on the surface. Everyone with any seriousness has known Ashida Kim is the mother of all frauds, plus he would have been in his early 50s at the time. And he wasn't *that* famous outside of his weird little circle.

Deep down, even Kim himself knows he's a fraud. When I use to post on Bullshido someone actually anted up for his ridiculously slanted "$10,000 challenge"...and he immediately ran from it.

Lol I actually believed that you may have been there. Thanks for clarifying.

I had never heard of this guy. After looking him up, I'm sure the UFC was never interested in him. The dude is bogus, so having him on board would have undermined the UFC's image vis-à-vis the larger martial arts community, not helped it.

Askida Kim demanded a guaranteed purse of 750 million dollars (placed with a verifiable third party) "plus gate receipts", no cameras or video taping, and hand-picking the referee.

The UFC rejected it, which further illustrated how "human cock fighters" are scared of the ways of the ninja.

I legit thought you were serious and now I feel immensely disappointed.

Did he really ask for that kuch?

Did he really ask for that kuch?

He asked for 750,000 iirc.

Him and the other dude who inspired blood sport wanted crazy amount of cash. The UFC could not afford it at the time.

Back