was it the decline or better competition?

I would never argue that Franklin was on Nog's level. Extv is one of those types who mischaracterize and distort what people are actually saying to try and paint them in a certain light.

LOL @ Franklin = Nog

oops, my bad, I got that wrong.

still you said Rich/Sakurai = Cro Cop when CC had beaten guys like Randleman (UFC Champ) Coleman (UFC and Pride Champ) Igor (MMA Legend) and Barnett (UFC Champ) going into the Fedor fight.

Franklin's biggest wins going into the Anderson fight were over Nate Quarry and Evan Tanner, and Sakurai's biggest win was over Frank Trigg.

I think that CC is a far better win for Fedor than Rich or Sakurai were for Anderson.

Last edited:
CC was never dominant

sure he never built up a huge win streak, but he was fighting far tougher competition before the Fedor fight than Rich was before the Anderson fight.

The factor that I feel never gets due consideration when it comes to Crocop in mma is that he didn't get matchmaking that would bring him along slowly.

Lots of people rave about Jon Jones, Chris Weidman and other guys that have six or seven fights in tiny promotions before they're ready to jump into the UFC and fight very high-level competition, but Crocop never really had that. From his first fight to his last, he was always in a major promotion and generally fighting great fighters. The man's first fight was Fujita (2001!), his fourth was Wanderlei, and aside from occasional showcase matches, it didn't really get easier.

bigfoot, hendo, and werdum are better competition than nog & cc? and 10 years of fighting didn't make him decline? so 2004 fedor is just as good as 2010 fedor?

I know, I agree. People here are stupid.

They think that if Werdum had fought guys that Fedor beat (like Big Nog and Arlovski) he would have easily defeated them, right? And he would have probably beaten Sergei too, right?
Oops.

Fighters decline. Some fighters decline at different rates. Some fighters lose interest and don't train as hard. Some fighters have nagging injuries. Some fighters lose their chin. Some fighters lose their reflexes.
Some fighters eventually don't give a shit and just show up to collect. I call this last one Joe Daddy Syndrome.

lol fedors retired and never been in the ufc, yet hes got 2 threads in the ufc right now, lol talk about loved and hated! though I know there both troll threads and balli definitely started this with his troll account thats why he was able to get the first post in but I don't think he made the other one. I find it funny that it pisses lots of people off knowing fedors the goat. decline or better competition? well nog beat hendo and werdum, werdum beat bigfoot so he actually fought crappier competition. The guy didn't give a shit after pride folded he stopped caring and didn't train as hard and definitely didn't fight the same, in strikeforce he did it for the money or just wanted to fight but he definitely didn't care as much and claimed it was all gods will at that point lol

Fedor's physical abilities had little to do with him getting tapped in a minute by Werdum. And you don't get caught in a submission, it's pure skills. Werdum outclassed Fedor.

As for the Bigfoot and Hendo fights, maybe Prime Fedor would've won.

prime fedor beats anyone, tbh.

So Prime Fedor had better BJJ defense in 2004 and would not have gotten outclassed by Werdum in a minute? That's just silly.

Saying Prime Fedor beats JDS like it's a fact is just as silly. It's impossible to know.

Last edited:
So Prime Fedor had better BJJ defense in 2004 and would not have gotten outclassed by Werdum in a minute? That's just silly.

He did have better sub defense in '04 though. He was far less reckless

Well, he didn't slide on his face in 04 because he was busy with tomato soup cans.

And steroids,fixed fights, and other drugs they didn't test for in gay pride Japan edition.

It looked that way because he had never fought a guy like Werdum. All fighters look good until they fight a better fighter (in this case here, fight a better BJJ guy)

It looked that way because he had never fought a guy like Werdum. All fighters look good until they fight a better fighter (in this case here, fight a better BJJ guy)

Nog was the best BJJ guy in the HW division when Fedor slapped him around from inside his guard back in 2003 though, no?

I think it's time. It hapens to boxers all the time, Roy Jones isn't facing a new breed of boxers he's just declined, same with Tyson, and Ali. Hapens in other sports as well. Also factor in a different rule set, and a change from ring to Octagon

Well, he didn't slide on his face in 04 because he was busy with tomato soup cans.

And steroids,fixed fights, and other drugs they didn't test for in gay pride Japan edition.

gTRs2.png

Fedor fought 5 times in 2004.

Ogawa wasn't really a good fighter, but he was 7-0 and a Judo Olympic Silver medalist. He wasn't an outright can a la Zuluzinho or Yuji Nagata.

Randleman and Coleman were both great wrestlers and good fighters.

Nog was the #2 HW in the world when Fedor fought him in 2004, and a huge test for him.

Saying Prime Fedor beats JDS like it's a fact is just as silly. It's impossible to know.

i never stated is a fact, it's an opinion. there is no need to be upset.

he was a lot less reckless in his prime, not saying it would have been impossible for werdum to submit him, but i'd say it was a lot less likely.

fedor basically gave werdum the triangle in their fight, he got out of triangle position initially but instead of pulling away from werdum's half assed wrist control, he opted to lay down some gnp instead and serve his head and arm on a platter for werdum.

he had a tougher time with brett rogers than prime crocop. clearly he declined

happens when the other guy inst wearing an ear piece anymore. im sure he was good, but not "10 years undefeated" good

Back