Was i Dreaming or did Jones Take Gus Down?

Michael13

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Dana said that he didn't get a takedown and so have some other people.

Did I just make it up....because i'm sure Jones took him down....and Gus scooted to the cage and got back up.

It was in the 5th round you are not dreaming

gus was zombie mode by round 5 so who cares what happened in that round

it happened exactly as you remember..

No he got one takedown and I think most people remember this but a takedown is pretty irrelevant scoring wise and to the talking point of Gus's wrestling when you get up 5 seconds later and take 0 hits.

Gus's takedown was only relevant because it's the first time someone has taken Jones down. It's not that relevant to the fight scoring wise either because Jones got up just as quickly.

gus was zombie mode by round 5 so who cares what happened in that round

He was zombie but he was still throwing good combos in his sleep. lol. Really amazing to watch. With 2 mins left you think Gus is not finishing this round.

Not only did he finish but I thought he had the better final 2 mins. He wanted this fight bad. Like a really bad. Jones acknowledged that standing with him was a bad idea.

Feels a little like the Shogun-Machida series. We saw Machida win in a very close decision. I thought this fight was decided on similar terms. Does Gustafsson get it done in a rematch? Not sure. I know that the whole world knows he can now.

He did. He was too tired to unleash hell and Gus got back up pretty quickly. I really didnt count it for anything.

Back