Was I being antagonized?

i dont get it. can somebody explain the shirt thing?

What kind of fucking loser wears a political shirt to a kids' play area? lol. Sounds like some kind of closet gay little league dad. If you see him again, just murder him. I'll take care of your people while you're in jail.

Sounds pretty uncomfortable, I wouldn't know what to do.

Usually I ignore people in general so I'd likely have not noticed to begin with!

This thread has made me realize I desperately want a shirt that says, "Protest the Protesters."

But the older brother of one of my close friends as a child did it better. He was quite brilliant, and went on to become one of the senior engineers at Industrial Light and Magic. In the 80's, when I was a boy, he wore a shirt to swim meets that puzzled me. It says, "Stop Plate Tectonics." He tried explaining it to me, and I couldn't comprehend the answer. The depth of its satire was still beyond me. In retrospect, it was more specifically an anti-environmentalist shirt than anything else. This was during the height of pomp and circumstance with efforts like Earth Day. But that wasn't the real heart of the message.

At its heart it was mocking people who protest things they don't understand, and probably don't sincerely want to change enough that they are willing to make uncomfortable changes in their own life to realize them, and to take responsibility. They just want to get behind a soundbite brand that externalizes blame for the world's problems without better understanding the problem, and what it symptomizes, with the "cure" able to be summarized into a word shirt. It disregards the reality, which his shirt reminds us, that not everything is within our control, and we can't change it, but only accept and adapt to it. Today, those mindless word shirts are Twitter hashtags.

#StopPlateTectonics

Why do so many adults pick confrontations in places where children play?

I have an 8 year old boy and when we’re out and about all we do is have fun and make sure he’s having fun safely.

Probably because they are protective or don't want to look weak in front of their kids.

Shoulda kept staring and gave him some of this when he approaches

Should’ve pounded him around the back of the barn

Do you look nerdish? Because he probably was judging you, but you were distracted by his shirt, and he was distracted thinking you're there for the show because you were distracted by his shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the 'All Lives Matter' guy doing there? Was he there with a kid himself or just hanging around?

Imo, most likely he was keeping an eye on you to see if you were acting inappropriate in any way whatsoever so that he would have an excuse to act out all the outrage his particular choice of t-shirt suggests he harbours. SJW's - is normal.

I took one of my nieces to the bouncy pin/arcade place for kids. There was a guy wearing an "all lives matter" shirt. As my niece is running me around, I see the guy in the corner of my eye. I think he was eyeballing me a little bit. But that's just crazy talk. This is a kid's play area. Who wants to start an argument with 50 children around?

I though it was a coincidence at first. But then I turned to watch my niece crawl thru one of the rope things and the guy navigates in front of me about 50 feet away and does the thing where you but your thumbs underneath your shirt and stick out your chest. He looked directly at me. I even turned to make sure that there wasn't a kid or someone playing behind me. But I turned around again and he had his sunglasses off and giving me the Whoopi Goldberg stare.

It seemed to me like he really wanted me to mention that shirt.

Or am I just paranoid?

Why would this shirt have anything to do with you? Also BLM are a bunch of homos.

Someone who would wear that short to a childs bday or a place like that is probably a huge douche.

Best to ignore.

Yeah what a horrible, horrible message. 'All lives matter.' Yeesh he's basically Hitler!

I don't understand what the shit has to do with anything?

What was the 'All Lives Matter' guy doing there? Was he there with a kid himself or just hanging around?

Imo, most likely he was keeping an eye on you to see if you were acting inappropriate in any way whatsoever so that he would have an excuse to act out all the outrage his particular choice of t-shirt suggests he harbours. SJW's - is normal.

Isn't that exactly what the OP was doing as well though?

I took one of my nieces to the bouncy pin/arcade place for kids. There was a guy wearing an "all lives matter" shirt. As my niece is running me around, I see the guy in the corner of my eye. I think he was eyeballing me a little bit. But that's just crazy talk. This is a kid's play area. Who wants to start an argument with 50 children around?

I though it was a coincidence at first. But then I turned to watch my niece crawl thru one of the rope things and the guy navigates in front of me about 50 feet away and does the thing where you but your thumbs underneath your shirt and stick out your chest. He looked directly at me. I even turned to make sure that there wasn't a kid or someone playing behind me. But I turned around again and he had his sunglasses off and giving me the Whoopi Goldberg stare.

It seemed to me like he really wanted me to mention that shirt.

Or am I just paranoid?

maybe not smoke a joynt before going to chuck e. cheese.

Why would this shirt have anything to do with you? Also BLM are a bunch of homos.

Right on, dude!
170812072518-01-charlottesville-white-supremacists-0811-restricted-full-169.jpg

Yeah what a horrible, horrible message. 'All lives matter.' Yeesh he's basically Hitler!

Don't be obtuse.

I think using BLM and ALM as somehow contrasting ideas is dumb as fuck. They've become loaded statements. There is no way around it.

This thread has made me realize I desperately want a shirt that says, "Protest the Protesters."

But the older brother of one of my close friends as a child did it better. He was quite brilliant, and went on to become one of the senior engineers at Industrial Light and Magic. In the 80's, when I was a boy, he wore a shirt to swim meets that puzzled me. It says, "Stop Plate Tectonics." He tried explaining it to me, and I couldn't comprehend the answer. The depth of its satire was still beyond me. In retrospect, it was more specifically an anti-environmentalist shirt than anything else. This was during the height of pomp and circumstance with efforts like Earth Day. But that wasn't the real heart of the message.

At its heart it was mocking people who protest things they don't understand, and probably don't sincerely want to change enough that they are willing to make uncomfortable changes in their own life to realize them, and to take responsibility. They just want to get behind a soundbite brand that externalizes blame for the world's problems without better understanding the problem, and what it symptomizes, with the "cure" able to be summarized into a word shirt. It disregards the reality, which his shirt reminds us, that not everything is within our control, and we can't change it, but only accept and adapt to it. Today, those mindless word shirts are Twitter hashtags.

#StopPlateTectonics

I don't know why, but I lost it at the hashtag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back