Was Hendricks not getting the nod over GSP...

View media item 30707
the single greatest judging robbery? I had Hendricks winning it and Dana did too (so that pretty much settles it-- sarcasm alert!). Seriously though, a case can be made for it being the most impactful "wrong" decision as Hendricks was never the same. (And as you can see from the pic., he clearly thinks he won and GSP does not look happy.)
Condit vs Lawler.

I think GSP is acting that way because of how Johnny reacted like he was so sure that he won. It came down to how you score round one which is as close as a round gets....

Close fight, but you have to decisively beat the champ to get the nod IMO. Reminds me of Jones vs Gus 1 (although that was even more controversial). Doesn’t really matter as GSP would have annhilated Johnny in a rematch as he did with Serra & Hughes. GSP is just a much superior fighter and beats Johnny 9 out of 10 (post Usada Johnny would get murdered).

Bullshit. Even being 0.001% better than the champ should get you the nod. How is it fair or a true test of skill that you can't just win, but have to win DOMINANTLY?

Champions shouldn't get special scoring treatmemt. That's not how a fair competition works.

So this topic has been discussed a lot, but I just thought it might be interesting to watch each round separately. One week apart. Then tally the rounds. I'm going to guess 3-2 GSP is still correct. But I do understand fan loyalty to their guy. That's okay. But remove emotion from the equation and look at it from rules as written, at time of competition, and there we are.

Definitely could have changed the history of MMA if Hendricks got the nod.
Or GSP would have just beat him in a rematch. one of the two

None of these are "robberies" or bad decisions. They were close fights and the guy who you thought won (and likely could have) lost.

LOL at any of those being among the worst robberies all time.

Waiting on the pic of GSPs face all bruised despite the fact he was always bruised often after his 50-45 no doubt wins too.

Bj vs Frankie 1 and Shogun vs machida 1 were worse though.

But Hendricks vs gsp can be interchaged easy in the top 3 worse robberies.

Watching it live on PPV, I thought that it was very close, and honestly couldn’t pick a winner, though I do remember thinking Hendricks might have just done enough to pull it out.

None of these are "robberies" or bad decisions. They were close fights and the guy who you thought won (and likely could have) lost.

LOL at any of those being among the worst robberies all time.

Waiting on the pic of GSPs face all bruised despite the fact he was always bruised often after his 50-45 no doubt wins too.
ok chief.

I think GSP fans have a point the robbery looked worse than it was at the time. Still think Hendricks won but that it was 3-2. A clear 3-2 but a solid 3-2. Different than Jones v Gus where you could kind of feel the "Gus won" people change their mind without saying so(I think Gus beat DC though). There were also a lot of people myself included who thought Jones won 3-2, the Gus people just had the energy, Hendricks v GSP though don't think there was a real strong GSP won group.

I get the whole "turn off the commentary it's biased" thing when the boring fighter who doesn't press the action wins I've argued that for Machida and Davis against Rua and Machida but here doesn't matter, Hendricks still looks like he kicked GSP's ass.

Close controversial fight for sure, but I can see the argument for GSP rounds 1,3, and 5, so I don't see it as a robbery

takedown-vs-hendricks.gif

SIDZZ9W.gif

5FdL9pb.gif

gsp-hendricksPNG.png

Hendricks shouldn't have coasted in round 5

the single greatest judging robbery?
I scored it a draw; GSP won rounds three and five, while Hendricks won rounds two and four, but the first round could've gone either way (I scored the first round a draw, hence why I scored the fight a draw).

Round 1 | 10-10 Draw
1st Minute: GSP; takedown, guillotine attempt
2nd Minute: Hendricks; punch/elbow while defending takedown.
3rd Minute: Hendricks; takedown, clinch
4th Minute: GSP; striking
5th Minute: Draw; clinch, striking

Round 2 | 10-9 Hendricks
1st Minute: Hendricks; striking (wobbled GSP)
2nd Minute: Hendricks; striking, clinch
3rd Minute: GSP; striking
5th Minute: Draw; striking

Round 3 | 10-9 GSP
1st Minute: Draw; striking
2nd Minute: GSP; striking
3rd Minute: Draw; striking
4th Minute: GSP, striking
5th Minute: Draw; clinch

Round 4 | 10-9 Hendricks
1st Minute: GSP; striking
2nd Minute: Hendricks; top control, short elbow cut after GSP slipped/tripped
3rd Minute: Hendricks; striking
4th Minute: Hendricks; striking, clinch
5th Minute: Draw; clinch

Round 5 | 10-9 GSP
1st Minute: Draw; takedown attempt
2nd Minute: GSP; striking, takedown
3rd Minute: Draw; clinch
5th Minute: GSP; clinch, takedown

48-48 Draw

Hendricks made him retire

That’s worth more than a w on stat sheet

Let’s state facts guys. GSP stated BEFORE the fight that he had an important decision to announce and would make it after the fight. There were a lot of speculation and rumours leading up to the fight about what it was and then after the fight he stated he would be taking a leave of absence for personal issues he was dealing with. Juiced out Johnny couldn’t beat GSP during his worst imagine how he would fare against “Rush” on top of his game.

Its been like 5 years and people complaining still haven't learnt how MMA is scored.

1,3,5 the judges did fine implementing the system of the time.

The problem is clearly the scoring system.

Back