Was Fedor vs Cro Cop the best MMA fight of all time?

In my mind the greatest fights ever offer some form of back and forth with each combatant having their moments, ideally threatening a finish. I don't think there was any point in time where I thought Fedor was losing a round or the fight so I can't consider it for greatest fight ever.

the best in relation to what?

if you mean best as most skilled fighters at their prime, then i would say no.
that fight is very overrated here because cro cop was not even the #2 guy in PRIDE
fedor vs nog would have to be the "best" fight

if by best you mean most exciting, then no, definitely not.

The first 10 minutes of that fight was like watching the final 2 minutes of a Super Bowl.

Anyone who watched it when it happened and says they weren't shaking is lying.

Never got the idea of this fight being a great fight, it was just ok.
I get the hype surrounding it and it was a pivotal match for both men and for MMA as a whole, but the fight itself is average at best.
C'mon. AVERAGE AT BEST? It was action packed for a HW fight. And seeing Fedor beating fucking CroCop (Before the Gonzaga fight) was unbelievable. An average HW fight is 3 minutes real action. It was waaay better that "Average at best".

C'mon. AVERAGE AT BEST? It was action packed for a HW fight. And seeing Fedor beating fucking CroCop (Before the Gonzaga fight) was unbelievable. An average HW fight is 3 minutes real action. It was waaay better that "Average at best".
I seen Cro Cop get ko'd by Randleman before this fight so, no it wasn't unbelievable.
I feel you're mixing up the hype and the spectacle of this match, rather than just looking at it as a MMA contest and in which it was an average affair.

I'd say Lil' Nog vs Shogun in the pride GP 2005 was the best I've ever seen.

Hype at the time I guess. Is it a great fight? No.. That fight had a lot of Fedor laying on top of CC..

Fedor spent 80% of the fight in Cro-Cop’s guard doing ground and pound. I’m a stand up guy so I wasn’t particularly impressed as far as excitement. Both are beasts but wasn’t some ‘wow’ fight.

And this is supposedly the best win of Fedor's career.. Cain in his prime or Stipe can't take down CC and beat his ass up? CC fought like shit..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back