Was Fedor vs Cro Cop the best MMA fight of all time?

It’s my personal favorite, but I don’t know if it’s the best/most exciting. Like others have said, Shogun-Hendo or Shogun-Little Nog might be more exciting. Jones-Gus 1 was pretty goddamn good.

Lol at those stats. Fedor apparently landed 75 non significant strikes. And cro cop landed 50. 50 non significant strikes. By cro cop. Lol.
Keep outing yourself as a casual.

At this point I'd fathom a guess that you've never actually seen the fight.

Keep arguing though mate, it's what you're best at.

So much beautiful technique in this fight. When Fedor checked Cro Cop's left low kick that shit could be used as a still photo in any mma technique book. They were both fast as fuck espicially that first round.

Keep outing yourself as a casual.

At this point I'd fathom a guess that you've never actually seen the fight.

Keep arguing though mate, it's what you're best at.
Way to duck the points.

did Cro cop land 53 non significant strikes against fedor?

Its probably the most significant fight in HW MMA history, but best? Not for me personally, and I love Fedor

Your stupid link didn’t agree to your stats and they are made up.
My stats incorporate the reduction of significant strikes noted from the ground vs standup. And mine were from memory and having watched the fight no less than 15 times since it occurred. 38 standing sig strikes not too shabby, when the official record shows 29.

The fact that you're still trying to argue that Fedor won that fight, in Pride, while doing next to nothing on the ground, while outstriking Mirko tremendously on the feet......is nothing short of embarrassing.

Keep burying yourself bub.

Good fight and highly anticipated, but I think Handy/Big Nog is possibly the best HW fight I've ever seen.

My stats incorporate the reduction of significant strikes noted from the ground vs standup. And mine were from memory and having watched the fight no less than 15 times since it occurred. 38 standing sig strikes not too shabby, when the official record shows 29.

The fact that you're still trying to argue that Fedor won that fight, in Pride, while doing next to nothing on the ground, while outstriking Mirko tremendously on the feet......is nothing short of embarrassing.

Keep burying yourself bub.
Except he didn’t outstrike him tremendously on the feet. That’s a fabrication. He wouldn’t have taken him down both rounds if he was dominating so easy on the feet.

Never got the idea of this fight being a great fight, it was just ok.
I get the hype surrounding it and it was a pivotal match for both men and for MMA as a whole, but the fight itself is average at best.

Except he didn’t outstrike him tremendously on the feet. That’s a fabrication. He wouldn’t have taken him down both rounds if he was dominating so easy on the feet.
Another example of you not having even seen the fight. If you don't think 30-8 in sig strikes is not tremendously, especially at HW, I don't know what to say. You're literally lost, angry and pretending to have opinions on fights you've never even watched.

It's one of the greatest fights of all time. It shows how Fedor was fearless when it came to fighting guys at their own game. He stood up with an elite striker and won.

Another example of you not having even seen the fight. If you don't think 30-8 in sig strikes is not tremendously, especially at HW, I don't know what to say. You're literally lost, angry and pretending to have opinions on fights you've never even watched.
Again those stats are worthless. I’ll ask again. Did cro cop land 50 non significant strikes?

Lol no. CC wasn’t skilled and well-rounded enough. It was an exciting fight, but to be the greatest fight of all time both guys need to be p4p greats. CC literally couldn’t manage a winning record in the UFC.

I’d take MM vs Cejudo, TJ vs Cruz, GSP vs Hendricks and many others first.

Again those stats are worthless. I’ll ask again. Did cro cop land 50 non significant strikes?
Probably, you see how many are blocked, whiffs?

Do you know the difference between a significant strike and not?
The answer to your question, based on your own stupid logic, is did Fedor land 82 insignificant strikes? Either way, it's relative.

Either way, you've not watched the fight. Either way, you're still dead wrong and a complete casual for making the claim that Fedor beat Cro Cop "by taking him down".

You don't know when to quit man........you're starving for attention.

It's one of the greatest fights of all time. It shows how Fedor was fearless when it came to fighting guys at their own game. He stood up with an elite striker and won.
Not according to resident genius @kflo.

He claims Fedor won because of the takedowns, as a result of losing the standup exchanges.

<{Heymansnicker}>

Fedor vs Nog was the Achilles vs Hector of MMA

Incredible fight. The ref cam angle for it is brilliant to watch as well.

Aldo v Mendes 2 might be the best mma fight ever though, or Jones v Gus 1.

Back