Was Fedor vs Cro Cop the best MMA fight of all time?

Crocop vs. Silva 2 is the best IMO.
Followed by Silva vs. Rampage 2.
And Gomi vs. Azeredo.

The actual fight itself ? No. But the buildup and significance of the fight is up there.

Both guys in their prime and one of the most skilled guys ever.

hqdefault.jpg
They were both very skilled, but from an excitement perspective the fight itself is not very exciting or action packed. Not the greatest fight of all time, probably not even top 20 in my book.

Half the fight was on the ground with little happening.

I prefer his initial scrap with Nog but no HW fight has had as much hype as Fedor/Cro Cop. As for "best" fight ever...no not even close. Probably not even Top 25.

Fedor literally made a name for himself taking on two of the world's greatest fighters, engaging them in their absolute strengths, and utlimately walking through them.
He beat cro cop by taking him down.

He beat cro cop by taking him down.
No bro, it was the 10 strikes Cro Cop landed all fight.

Fedor did next to nothing on the ground, you even watch the fight? Mirko initiated most clinches and ended up getting tripped for his efforts. Fedor came at him with hands 80% of the fight. LOL @ your saltiness from getting outed in the other thread.

You're so angry you're revising history!

Half the fight was on the ground with little happening.
Exactly. And as Pride scored takedowns entirely different than NA MMA, you'd understand how dumb your next post "beat him by taking him down" truly is.

Such a try-hard man.

No bro, it was the 10 strikes Cro Cop landed all fight.

Fedor did next to nothing on the ground, you even watch the fight? Mirko initiated most clinches and ended up getting tripped for his efforts. Fedor came at him with hands 80% of the fight. LOL @ your saltiness from getting outed in the other thread.

You're so angry you're revising history!
Almost half the fight was on the ground. Fedor won because of that, not because he dominated the standup. He did well in the stand up, better than expected, and it was close there. But it was a clear victory because of the ground.

Lol at outed in other thread. Troll on brother. Pathetic.

Almost half the fight was on the ground. Fedor won because of that, not because he dominated the standup. He did well in the stand up, better than expected, and it was close there. But it was a clear victory because of the ground.

Lol at outed in other thread. Troll on brother. Pathetic.
You're blind all over the place eh?

Fedor did not win his fight with Mirko because of anything on the ground. If you think that, you know nothing of Pride.

Fedor outstruck him like 35-8 on the feet.

You're dumb as a post and acting like a scorned woman, again.

Exactly. And as Pride scored takedowns entirely different than NA MMA, you'd understand how dumb your next post "beat him by taking him down" truly is.

Such a try-hard man.
It’s a fact. How can you possibly argue the takedowns and spending half the fight there wasn’t part of the scoring in fedor’s favor? Lol. Some of you really are so fucking bizarre.

You're blind all over the place eh?

Fedor did not win his fight with Mirko because of anything on the ground. If you think that, you know nothing of Pride.

Fedor outstruck him like 35-8 on the feet.

You're dumb as a post and acting like a scorned woman, again.
You literally made up that stat. Why are you lying?

It’s a fact. How can you possibly argue the takedowns and spending half the fight there wasn’t part of the scoring in fedor’s favor? Lol. Some of you really are so fucking bizarre.
Keep outing yourself as a casual mate. If you think inactivity on the ground in Pride scored, I don't know what to say.

Fedor's clear dominance standing won the fight. Mirko initiated the clinches due to exhaustion and getting the worse of the standup.

If you literally think Fedor won that fight because of the grappling, I don't know what to say. All you do on here is argue.....must be a sad life bud. You apparently argue for attention......making up bullshit claims as outlandish as they may be.

Fedor won because of the takedowns. ROFL.

You're fucked bro.

It was definately the biggest HW fight of all time. I also thought lil nog vs shogun was the best fight ever in pride , but it was a close 2nd.they were the 2 best HWs in the world at that point. I think Fedor was already actually on the decline somewhat, buy still was the best. At that time he had kinda already lost the fire he once had when he was fighting to provide a future for his family. He already had money etc and was set, so the mentality had changed. At least it wasnt like most highly anticipated fights, that end up being lopsided fights that disappoint. Lived up to the bill, and Fedor avenges his brother's viscous KO.

Far from the best one, but I enjoyed every single second of it. Yet, Fedor was better prepared.

I think both of those are overrated.

Ninja Rua vs. Mario Sperry.

now that’s an action packed fight

Ahhh a well experienced MMA purist, thats my view of you on here. Another good match at that period was from Pride FC as well.

Sergei Kharitonov vs Murilo 'Ninja' Rua (Pride Total Elimination 2004)

https://ok.ru/video/4477290665

Back