Was Evloev Dawodu a dumb fight to make?

GlennButerol

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Prospect eliminator/set back style matchup...

Why on earth would the UFC match up a 14-0 prospect against a 12-1-1 prospect for a prelim fight?

Going into the fight, the loser no matter who it ended up being had more to lose than the potential winner had to gain against a tough opponent but without big name appeal yet. UFC should be building these guys up at this point not matching them up.

It was perfect lol sometimes prospects gotta take each other out

Normally I harp against this, but FW is pretty damn stacked. You're not gonna be able to give both guys enough tune ups for them to become viable contenders without some prospects fighting each other. Plus, either could come back and regain any loss of their stock.

Better to build up a track record against vets on the downswing of their career imo. Fighters with a combined near 30 wins and 1 loss should never be prelim level.

Normally I harp against this, but FW is pretty damn stacked. You're not gonna be able to give both guys enough tune ups for them to become viable contenders without some prospects fighting each other. Plus, either could come back and regain any loss of their stock.
This^^
FW is slowly getting more deadly prospects, I think the top 10 will look completely different a year from now.

Reactions: DLX
mma fans didn't find anything else to cry about
and now they're crying about match between 2 high-level fighters

Last edited:

Why on earth would the UFC match up a 14-0 prospect against a 12-1-1 prospect for a prelim fight?

Going into the fight, the loser no matter who it ended up being had more to lose than the potential winner had to gain against a tough opponent but without big name appeal yet. UFC should be building these guys up at this point not matching them up.

UFC needs to make more of these matchups to keep divisions moving and giving people opportunities to move up. To often fighters are stuck fighting people they are expected to beat and can't make a case to get a top 5 fighter cause they only want to fight other top 5 fighters.

In boxing they don't make these matchups. Dana doesn't like creating too many stars. He keeps the salaries low and then he can be the star. The tough-talking businessman who is the face of the organization.

mma fans didn't find anything else to cry about
and now they're crying about a match about 2 high-level fighters

I guess I'm just unaware about the wealth of talent that the UFC has that they can afford to match up a combined 26-1-1 (plus Hakeems 9-0 kickboxing record) for a PRELIM! fight...

You don't build up Adesanya - Costa style hype if they fight say 5 fights earlier in their careers.

From a roster management pov it was dumb imo

Better to build up a track record against vets on the downswing of their career imo. Fighters with a combined near 30 wins and 1 loss should never be prelim level.

This is exactly what ruined boxing for me. IF they're such good prospects, they'll bounce back. One loss doesn't ruin them. I hate seeing prospects get perfectly picked matches on their way up the rankings.

Last edited:
The JBG don't discriminate and demand sacrifices in every kind!

This is exactly what ruined boxing for me. IF there such good prospects, they'll bounce back. One loss doesn't ruin them. I hate seeing people get perfectly picked matches on their way up the rankings.

Yeah, it also skewes the viewers perspective on how good they really are. The more real tests they get, the more you will be ablte to tell how good or bad they are

Though I'm not opposed to a favorable match up once in a while, because you gotta test every fighter to see how good they are. And a bit building up a fighter isn't bad.

Back