Was Dominick Reyes vs Weidman a very irresponsible match up?

Mammothman

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I still can't believe they booked that fight and considering how shitty Chris looked yesterday it just confirm it, Chris was 1-4 with 4 life changing KOs and Reyes was way bigger, with legit one punch KO power and was completely destroying people right and left.

It's like the UFC didn't care for the health of the guy, I understand his team and family supporting him and we know how delusional Chris is but IMO this was a straight up assault.

I guess he should be thankful his chin was pretty weak so he went to bed pretty early because it could have gone horribly wrong for him if it lasted longer, like Benavidez vs Figuedeiro 2
Thats true.

Not at all.

Chris was a struggling mw. Two previously struggling MWs in Smith and Santos fought for the title. It’s obvious failed MWs was UFCs LHW future.

Smith and Santos didn't fight top five opponents in their first fights at LHW though. Santos fought Manuwa and Anders before getting Blachowicz. Smith fought Evans and Shogun before getting Oezdemir.

They worked their way up to title shots. Weidman was acting like he was coming into the division on a win streak.

Some of the dumbest matchmaking in the modern era UFC.

Last edited:
I still can't believe they booked that fight and considering how shitty Chris looked yesterday it just confirm it, Chris was 1-4 with 4 life changing KOs and Reyes was way bigger, with legit one punch KO power and was completely destroying people right and left.

It's like the UFC didn't care for the health of the guy, I understand his team and family supporting him and we know how delusional Chris is but IMO this was a straight up assault.

Dont get it twisted dawg. Your sounding like Luke Thomas lol. UFC’s Job is to offer fighters fights. Its a fighters management and coaches to decide wether thats the right for him.

If your looking for someone to be mad at blame the his team and chris himself for taking it.

I know he didn't have a good chance of winning but they were probably trying to fast-track him to a title shot at 205 which was stupid.

Breaking news: LHW was shit and beating a MW on a losing streak granted you a title shot.

100 threads were made about this when it happened, was just another insult. Luckily it looks like LHW is finally getting some new blood in it at least. Hopefully the epic decline that has been the last 5 years starts to turn around.

In hindsight yes, it was very irresponsible, but if you read between the lines: Chris was losing a lot of fights but it’s not like he was getting schooled as his losses were pretty damn close fights up until the KO and Chris legitimately posed a challenge to Reyes which is his wrestling.

Back