Was DC fight most sportsmanship performance by Jones so far?

lhx58

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Okey there was lot of trash talk and emotion before fight and some kind of brawl after bell and some hand gestures.

but

in fight itself Jones didn't seem use any "dirty" tactics. like before, Tossing Rampage after bell, constant eye pokes, ect...

At fight he wanted to touch hands start off each round, and even after only eye poke he seems to have genuine sorry. He was total pro in fight.

I don't see any sportsmanship in Jones whatsoever. He doesn't check his opponents after the finish unless he's told to (Machida). He doesn't respect them unless being damaged badly (Gus). He commits fouls every fight (literally every fight) and has been punished for that only 1 time (by Steve Mazzagatti out of all people). Compare this to Fedor's humble and very respectful style. Once the fight was over, he helped Nogueira and CroCop to get up after delivering a brutal beating, something Jones would never do.

i will give this is the cleanest jones fight since hes become champ. sportsmanlike not so much with the crotch chop but still a clean fight and he seemed genuinely apologetic about the one poke that did happen.

I don't see any sportsmanship in Jones whatsoever. He doesn't check his opponents after the finish unless he's told to (Machida). He doesn't respect them unless being damaged badly (Gus). He commits fouls every fight (literally every fight) and has been punished for that only 1 time (by Steve Mazzagatti out of all people).

He didn't get punished by Mazzagatti.

Okey there was lot of trash talk and emotion before fight and some kind of brawl after bell and some hand gestures.

but

in fight itself Jones didn't seem use any "dirty" tactics. like before, Tossing Rampage after bell, constant eye pokes, ect...

At fight he wanted to touch hands start off each round, and even after only eye poke he seems to have genuine sorry. He was total pro in fight.

You must have been beyond drunk or you are blind.

He gave Cormier a tiny head shovel at the end of the 4th after the bell after getting a takedown.

The eye poke in the 3rd was where the momentum completely changed from Cormier to Jones.

Then the sucker punch at the end of the 5th before the bell thus ... IN fight.

I don't see any sportsmanship in Jones whatsoever. He doesn't check his opponents after the finish unless he's told to (Machida). He doesn't respect them unless being damaged badly (Gus). He commits fouls every fight (literally every fight) and has been punished for that only 1 time (by Steve Mazzagatti out of all people). Compare this to Fedor's humble and very respectful style. Once the fight was over, he helped Nogueira and CroCop to get up after delivering a brutal beating, something Jones would never do.

Yeah he is no saint, but i really mean that this could be his cleanest performance still, when you compare to his earlier fights.

He didn't get punished by Mazzagatti.

Didn't Mazzagatti disqualify him for using prohibited 12-to-6 elbows? (Granted it also had everything to do with the fact that Hamill was unable to continue, but nevertheless it was a foul)

Didn't Mazzagatti disqualify him for using prohibited 12-to-6 elbows? (Granted it also had everything to do with the fact that Hamill was unable to continue, but nevertheless it was a foul)

My bad, I wasn't thinking of that fight.

Then the sucker punch at the end of the 5th before the bell thus ... IN fight.

I don't see what was dirty about that punch. It seems to me landing legal blows that your opponent doesn't expect is part of being a successful fighter.

What was the most disgusting thing was that JJ remained somewhat respectable, after the eyepoked went to shake hands etc (at that point the fight was super close) and only after he was absolutely sure he had won it (at the very end) he once again showed his true nature, hence - his act in the end.

If he felt so anti Cormier why didnt he act like it the whole time? Because at plenty of moments in the fight DC was working his shit on the inside or chasing him with bombs.

But as soon as he saw he was gonna be victorious his real face was back on. From all of that I judge that probably he is fake indeed as his colleagues suggest

With every fight I respect the guy more as a fighter and less as a human being.

I don't see what was dirty about that punch. It seems to me landing legal blows that your opponent doesn't expect is part of being a successful fighter.

Maybe I need to re-watch it, but I thought that whole situation has been blown out of proportion by both sides. Watching it live, my take was that Jones put his hands up, expecting the time to run out with DC holding on. When DC let go, it seemed to me like Jones said, "oh shit" and threw some quick punches as he turned around. Then it seemed like DC said "oh shit" and threw some back, one of which came like a split second after the bell. I think the whole thing is overblown.

Maybe I need to re-watch it, but I thought that whole situation has been blown out of proportion by both sides. Watching it live, my take was that Jones put his hands up, expecting the time to run out with DC holding on. When DC let go, it seemed to me like Jones said, "oh shit" and threw some quick punches as he turned around. Then it seemed like DC said "oh shit" and threw some back, one of which came like a split second after the bell. I think the whole thing is overblown.

I saw it the same way except to me it looked like DC got mad that Jones punched him so close to the bell ringing.

What was the most disgusting thing was that JJ remained somewhat respectable, after the eyepoked went to shake hands etc (at that point the fight was super close) and only after he was absolutely sure he had won it (at the very end) he once again showed his true nature, hence - his act in the end.

If he felt so anti Cormier why didnt he act like it the whole time? Because at plenty of moments in the fight DC was working his shit on the inside or chasing him with bombs.

But as soon as he saw he was gonna be victorious his real face was back on. From all of that I judge that probably he is fake indeed as his colleagues suggest

With every fight I respect the guy more as a fighter and less as a human being.

This is the problem with people on sherdog. People are literally mad at him for throwing punches during a fight. I never thought I would see the day when people are mad at a fighter for throwing punches during the fight. There not mad cause he threw punches after the bell or before the fight started they're made cause he threw punches during the only time he's actually allowed to.

This is the problem with people on sherdog. People are literally mad at him for throwing punches during a fight. I never thought I would see the day when people are mad at a fighter for throwing punches during the fight. There not mad cause he threw punches after the bell or before the fight started they're made cause he threw punches during the only time he's actually allowed to.

Go on, play stupid if you want to.

Pretend as if JJ was acting so tough at the points of the fight where he was getting outplayed. There is very little that is classy about him. As good a fighter as he might be

could have been if he didnt hold dc's head against the cage just to get up

CF5o2j7.gif

Go on, play stupid if you want to.

Pretend as if JJ was acting so tough at the points of the fight where he was getting outplayed. There is very little that is classy about him. As good a fighter as he might be

Who cares about when he was acting tough. This is fighting not polo. I'm not going to get mad at a fighter cause he's throwing punches until the bell rings.

Back