Was Cormier ahead after the 3 round?

Jones was losing until the eye poke. It was getting nailed in the 3rd, so he poked. Jones can't win without poking someone in the eye. What is this 5 fights in a row.

This is getting ridiculous.

If Dc has better gas it would have been very close like it was in the 2nd but he basically stopped after rn3

4-1 was the correct score. It was a tough fight though..

Well, kind of. One judge gave just Round 2 to DC, another gave just Round 3 to DC. If you score both of those to DC and score Round 5 as a 10-10, you have a draw. That would have been a reasonable outcome, too--close fight.

haahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

No... even dcs corner knew he was down 3-1 going into the 5th... hence them telling him he had to get a stop.

I only gave Cormier round 2.

That doesn't speak to how competitive the fight was though.

Jones won it 48-47 IMO.

Round 1 was a toss up I thought. Round 2 was DC. Round 3 was mostly Jones until the end it seemed, then round 4 and 5 were Jones.

It was a solid fight regardless. DC brought out the best Jones to date.

Jones was losing until the eye poke. It was getting nailed in the 3rd, so he poked. Jones can't win without poking someone in the eye. What is this 5 fights in a row.
xnhpgh.jpg

I had DC winning the 2nd and 3rd but we know the judges only gave him one round.

It would have been a real interesting 3 round fight for sure, unfortunately for DC it was 5.

I think it was pretty even up until then

thoughts?

Man go to bed already! Short of stabbing Jones DC had Jones in no real threat whatsoever. He knew it, his corner knew it, & Jones knew it.

No, but they were close. Some guys in the pbp thread had DC up, I thought it was strange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back