Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by STEVEN SEAGOLD, Dec 16, 2016.
Josh Rosenthal. Call of the century to let it go in the 1st.
Pat Berry vs Kongo is you answer. It's up there tho!
Edgar vs Maynard 2 and 3. Fully vindicated to let Frankie carry on.
I was rooting for Carwin, so I was looking for it to end. But yea it was a good call. I'd rather see a comeback than an early stoppage. Kind of a shitty comeback since Carwin just gassed himself beating on Lesnar, but to Lesnar's credit, he took it.
That fight should've been stopped.
Ref shouldn't have kept saying he was going to stop it if he wasn't going to.
90% of the time that gets stopped so no, inconsistent reffing is not good reffing.
It was very impressive watching a man of Brock's stature resort to the Homer Simpson style of winning a fight.
I'm still bitter about the fight. They should have called that shit. He hit Lesnar with 63 strikes in a row, IN-A-ROW! They stop most fights after ten. Fuck that ref.
Yeah, Lesnar won, but only after Carson literally gassed himself out beating on Lesnar.
Carwin is a dumbass
Early stoppages ruin the sport so yea he did a great job to let it play out.
Brock's skull is huge... He was clearly still defending.
Yep. That resulted in 2 of my favourite fights ever.
Still torn on the Brock/Carwin fight. Was really thinking it should be stopped but rewatching it I struggle to find an exact moment where it definitely should have been stopped. Certainly several times it 'could' have been stopped but Brock was defending/trying to improve position (sort of)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I've been through this argument a million times. For me, 10% of this is the actual fight the other 90% is just that I hate Brock. God, I hate that guy.
gay jesus let the fight continue
Every time the ref would warn Brock he would show activity (that he's still defending).
Very nice job.
Carwin (or Carson) never finished the job. Brock was defending.
I'm not sure I could have made that kinda call if it was my job, but he did a damn good job when you look at it after the fact. To me Brock was done but I was caught up in the drama of him maybe losing, watching it now you can see Brock isn't out the fight.
I wonder if a ref would have stopped Smith V Sell. Imagine the backlash if Sell has just ran up to Smith and smashed him in the head whilst he was barely standing and almost done. That was a hell of a decision to let that fight keep going.
Best stoppage ever. Best ref ever. Rosenthal bless.
One of the worst is more like it...
The UFC kept their part of the bargain and released Josh's family unharmed.
Separate names with a comma.