Was Bruce Lee the real deal or just an actor?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MXZT, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Was Bruce Lee the real deal or just an actor?

1. He's the real deal.

33.8%
  2. He's just an actor.

41.6%
  3. I have no idea.

24.7%
  1. MXZT Red Belt Platinum Member

Inspired by this thread.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...h-an-incredible-mixed-martial-artist.4145500/

Do you think Bruce Lee can win in actual fights (street fighting or competitive fighting) or do you think he was just an actor?

I think Bruce Lee was the real deal. You can tell his athleticism was out of this world and he certainly can beat guys his size or even larger if he had to. Bruce Lee in his physical prime would be a champion in todays MMA. I have no doubt.

2. TerryMCLOOPS Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Dude. Guy was a dancer. Come on. You know what else people were buying and saying was legit back Then? He's still legit if you're 11 and dont train.

[​IMG]

Come on.

San Griente, Roljo, Saku'sEar and 5 others like this.
  3. Andreh Yellow Card Yellow Card

70% actor, 30% martial artist. BUT he is the MMA precursor, once he invented Jeet Kune Do. Undeniable. A man of vision.

That's one of the reasons he makes so many butt-hurts out there. So many light-years better athletes/masters but they couldn't do the same. Then they keep whining until now lol.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  4. TerryMCLOOPS Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Anyone doing that one inch punch shit is a joke. Sorry guys Rambo isn't real either.

5. Tevfik1907 Orange Belt

He was not tested in real fights, so the answer should be no. He's just an actor.

6. Murder_KickHC Brown Belt

Conor 2.0 would KTFO Bruce Lee in the very first exhange 100 out of 100 fights.

UfcProphet12 likes this.
  7. ff Orange Belt

Brad Pitt beat him easily

Naj85, Larzon, Stagliano and 10 others like this.
  8. Woldog Undisputed Champion of Sherdog

I'm glad this has been asked again for the 10,000,000th time.

9. TheMessiah Yellow Card Yellow Card

He definitely had skill, but mainly he was just an actor.

10. genecop Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

wrong..

11. suffersystem Brown Belt

Real deal? In a small way yes, as from all accounts he was skilled and very dedicated to his craft.

Now, would he do well in a sanctioned fight? Maybe, maybe not. You don't really know until it happens. I'd say he'd def hold his own, but when put to actual use it does take a certain mind set and skillset, not just for show.

He could have been, but all we have is heresay and this mythical man they have pushed on us. He's worth too much money in popular culture to have it be all BS so the narritive keeps getting pushed.

My two cents anyways.

SATW, Saku'sEar, BooBoyMan and 5 others like this.
  12. ifindgifsforjackslack Green Belt

He could win in a competition fight or street fight, against a bigger guy, but not likely much much bigger as he is quite small.

To say he could be ufc champ today is a complete bait and I’ll bite.
    Without modern training, ridiculous.
    With modern training, unknowable.

13. Rvd Slmr Silver Belt

He was an actor who inspired millions of people to train martial arts. That's his awesome legacy, not the ludicrous idea that he was a killing machine who would beat anyone.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  14. slicebergjim Green Belt

shut your bitchass up

15. Fergelmince Black Belt

He has no record of real, competitive fights. There's a sparring video and a bunch of person-to-person storytelling. If he doesn't have at least 8-10 sanctioned fights on record, you'd have to call it bullshit.

UfcProphet12 and thisISjoel like this.
  16. Murder_KickHC Brown Belt

Go and say that to Conor and see if your head is still on your shoulders after a few Nuclear Lefts.

UfcProphet12 likes this.
  17. Devarika Woulf Yellow Belt

I've read about him a lot in the past. Everything I've heard was people who were there saying he was the real deal and no one could touch the guy. He was so damn quick and powerful and unlike anyone else at the time. If he was around today and took up MMA with that same philosophy he'd probably be both Flyweight and Bantamweight champion. Actually it's a real shame he wasn't around today to see what martial arts transformed into. He would have been 80 years old this month.

[​IMG]

18. DivineMind Brown Belt

Yes. He destroyed people on the reg who tried to test him in the streets, but insta didn't exist back then so he could only brag about his victories to his close associates.

19. dalegordon Purple Belt

I aint even reading comments. Just here to say he definitely was a martial artist. Does that mean he could beat everyone - no. He was beyond his time in terms of vision and was a fitness fanatic. If he had todays training methods combined with his love for fitness and the martial arts who knows what he would or could of done.

20. suffersystem Brown Belt

I imagine most any top fighter in the UFC would beat people on the streets on the reg. How would Lee do against the other best in his class on the reg though? That's the thing, we don't have a consistent record to judge how he would do, tales form the streets from 40 years ago just isn't a justified reason to say he'd be the best. Fighting the best shows who is the best IMHO. I mean he had potential to be great, but I refuse to think he was this killer machine without ever having him actually put his skills to that test.

UfcProphet12 likes this.