Was Brock Lesnar overrated or underrated as an MMA fighter?

Overrated or underrated?

• Total voters
Had obvious holes in his game, but despite his limited training he accomplished quite a lot.

But he was definitely overrated when people were trying to suggest that he'd defeat Fedor.

What do you mean faster title shot that anyone in the UFC? He had 2 fights then got one. Anderson Silva got one after 1 fight. Gilbert Melendez got a title shot in his very first UFC fights.
I assume you mean it's bc he had such minimal actual mma experience and not UFC experience.

Basically he had very little MMA experience, compared to those other guys. Those other fighters you mentioned were already established MMA fighters fighting for a title.

Reactions: lsa
This is why i voted overrated. lol.

Decent fighter who made use of his few skills to beat some elite guys. Great transitioning from Pro Wrestling but nothing more than that.
decent fighters don't beat herring, randy, mir and carwin in succession.

First guy to not only beat but also finish Carwin.

He is underrated for sure

Guy just came straight into the major leagues right off the bat and became champ

Overrated, most MMA fighters with a 5-3 record aren't even ever talked about.

Pretty much 6-3 taking away drug scandal

However, even with 5-3? Half his fights where title fights

Not bad for a guy that jumped in at the deep end

Overrated. He had great wrestling and powerful hands, but no striking defense, and no Plan B if/when his Plan A didn’t work.

What people? Lol well maybe the perception about brock is different in america, im not from there so i don't know
A lot of sherdoggers were claiming this. You seriously never saw any posts about it?

A lot of sherdoggers were claiming this. You seriously never saw any posts about it?
Oh so you mean during his reign as champion? Oh than for sure, but you got to have in mind that recent bias its a real thing, im talking about him today and today i don't see anyone comparing him to fedor or stipe... And no, i wasn't on sherdog when brock was champ... I was a kid

Oh so you mean during his reign as champion? Oh than for sure, but you got to have in mind that recent bias its a real thing, im talking about him today and today i don't see anyone comparing him to fedor or stipe... And no, i wasn't on sherdog when brock was champ... I was a kid
I still see the argument he would have won pop up

Today, I would say he is pretty underrated. You can always claim he had few fights to get to the title, but Mir, Herring, Rsndy and Hunt Are some excellent wins. If the fight with DC or Jones had gone through, I think it could have been interesting. Lesnar is so big and strong that he is a tough fight for anyone.

Listen to all the apologists making excuses for steroids lol

roiding like crazy to get W's

he couldnt take a punch, so overrated is my pick

As advertised but borderline underrated. Nobody said he was gonna come in and win the title with kickboxing but as a wrestler and being physically gifted he's better than people think. Talk to the right people and they argue that because him and CM Punk both came from the WWE that they are equal as fighters.

Herring, Mir, Couture, and Carwin, that is impressive if you look at that slice of time. Not to mention he did that all in 24 months while fighting a very difficult disease internally. I think he is rated correctly but people either want to hype him up or tear him down.

Reality is if he didn't enter the WWE and was training MMA for years he could of been amazing, considering he is freakishly large, quick and strong. Mir was man-handled in that second fight.

Back