Was Aoki good?

prime Aoki taps out Conor 15 seconds after grabbing him.

Yes he was good. Not to sound like Chris Leben and say the the competition is easier in Japan. I believe it is different. This is because of weight cutting, etc...

in the overall scheme of things? no
sakuraba was wayyyy cooler, anyways

shinya-aoki1.jpg
That ring girl was probably way more attractive than his wife.

That dude is legit. Courtesy of his string of victories over World Lightweight Champions like Alvarez, Hansen, Kawajiri and JZ.

He didn't win much in America, but was great in Japan. Do you think he was actually a good fighter?!
He was good but was exposed by wrestlers with grappling knowledge. Has some decent wins but since he basically fought only in Japan against cans his record isn't as impressive as the numbers show. I'm too lazy but I'm guessing if you take a look at the win-loss ratio of his wins it's going to show you how good his competition was.

Yes, should have trained in a cage though

TS check out his doco, if you can find it. Reveals a lot about his family situation & motivation. Made me appreciate him more than just a one dimensional fighter.

BE GONE WITH THIS THREAD THOT

not really. he could sub. dudes who couldnt wrestle for shit cuz he got them on the ground. weak as hell, no striking and hes got a weak chin

aside from that heel hook win over eddie (who made a mistake that fight) he hasnt beaten anybody really.

not really. he could sub. dudes who couldnt wrestle for shit cuz he got them on the ground. weak as hell, no striking and hes got a weak chin

aside from that heel hook win over eddie (who made a mistake that fight) he hasnt beaten anybody really.
Hellboy is a quality win

Back