Was anyone else annoyed by Derek Brunson celebration after beating Leben?

LMAO that was the funniest moment of the year. I wish they got a shot of Chris Leben's face when he did that.

I stopped watching the fight after the second round I was so bored so I didn't get to see it but anybody celebrating over a performance like that I will not care to watch in the future.

wasn't aware that he took it on 2 weeks notice and it somewhat justifies the performance. But I'm referring to him celebrating like he got a knockout or something.

What should he have done?

These guys are humans, not robots

Give him break for being emotional? Sure. Give him break for celebrating like he had a highlight reel knockout? No

It may have been boring but it was his first win in the UFC and the biggest win of his career. It was bigger to him them most highlight reel KOs

I usually don't get that annoyed with fights and I understand that there are first time jitters in the UFC and can cause a lackluster performance. With that said, you just don't celebrate like you got a finish after you put up one of the most boring fights in recent memory and had the whole crowd damn near asleep. JESUS , I was so annoyed by his fighting style. Rogan had it right when he said it was the most exciting part of the fight ( his celebration) and mentioned the look on Leben face but the camera wouldn't show his reaction. Is there a different angle that shows Leben's reaction?

Yup. i was telling my buddy at the bar how shocked that Leben didn't "Sentex on Koschek" Brunson for that.

What a douche

ill give him a pass considering the circumstances.

a little silly sure, but whatever, didn't annoy me at all like it did for the TS

Yeah well it didn't piss me off like the crowd booing JDS did, but it did annoy me, mainly because the fight itself was so lacklustre. But i'd probably carry on more if I won an MMA fight! :icon_lol:

Yup. i was telling my buddy at the bar how shocked that Leben didn't "Sentex on Koschek" Brunson for that.

What a douche

lol, but cold cocking the guy would have been a stand up thing to do in response?

What a douche

The guy fighting a guy coming off of his 2nd or 3rd drug suspension is the douche, lol

Wtf? He won his ufc debut on 2 weeks notice against a notable opponent on ppv after losing his last 2 fights

What should he have done?

These guys are humans, not robots

He could have done what most fighters who put up a fight like that do, just take the win quietly. If you tuned in at the moment of his celebration, you would be lying if you didn't think that you just missed a crazy ass knockout. Agreed?

It reminded me of when John Salter started jumping around like a monkey after Jason Macdonald accidentally broke his own leg

Dana was pissed too lol This guy will be cut soon as he loses.

It doesn't matter what kind of celebration he had. It's not something worth analyzing or caring about.

He lost two fights this year to Kendall Grove and was knocked out in under a minute by Jacare. He was a last minute replacement that was expected to get knocked out by leben for his "big" return and he pulled out the biggest win of his career. It wasn't the best fight but if he had more than 8 or 9 days to prep he probably would've had a better showing, maybe even submitted Leben.

This year, Brunson had a fight cancelled last minute by the commission, lost two straight, made it on TUF only to find out contractual issues were blocking him from participating after he was confirmed for cast, and made his debut on 8 days notice.

Classiest thing to do? No. But aside from Dennis Hallman, maybe no one else in MMA at the high levels had worse luck this year. I at least understand it.

He could have done what most fighters who put up a fight like that do, just take the win quietly. If you tuned in at the moment of his celebration, you would be lying if you didn't think that you just missed a crazy ass knockout. Agreed?

Not agreed

The fight outcome shouldn't be the only determining factor as to how a fighter reacts when it's over. That's spoiled fan shit right there

Back