Was anybody impressed with chavez jr tonight ?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Too $hort, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Too $hort

Too $hort Guest

I was and he is being managed very well,they need to put him in with gomez.I hope they dont bring him up to fast becasue their is alot of growing he still needs to do,he has many great fighters surrounding him in mexico.This kid is really starting to look good imo

2. rick_973

rick_973 Brown Belt

yeah, i agree. Good fight

3. paul varelans_1

paul varelans_1 Brown Belt

While I think there is something there, I think its time to take a step up in competition.

4. Bonos

Bonos Black Belt

I think he looked terrible, no defence/head movement/combinations, slow on his feet and easy to hit. He does have accurate one time punches, but lacks speed to throw combinations.

The whole PPV was very bad, who gives a dam about him fighting Camacho Jr.

5. icyblue17

icyblue17 Orange Belt

Nothing new, just the same Chavez Jr. VS. a patsy.I think he needs to fight better opponents. He is one of the most protected fighters by the managers. If he wants to make a name for himself, then he needs to find better opposition.

6. prontostar

prontostar Gymmy TUNDAH!

how old is the kid? give him a break. I think he's progressing just fine.

7. thatsmydin

thatsmydin Blue Belt

agreed

8. PrettyBoyOscar

PrettyBoyOscar Gym rat

I was hoping an italian boxer might beat Chavez jr.

9. Evil C5

Evil C5 White Belt

With the number of fights he has, he's way overdue for a step up in competition. At this rate he'll have 50 fights before anyone finds out if he's even decent. Arum's just milking his name on these cheesy ppv's.

10. Too $hort

Too $hort Guest

geez the guy hasent even hit puberty yet,calm the fuck down people.he needs to be brought up slowly and needs to be protected at this point.Its not like he is a world title holder thats being protected its a kid who has no amature career whatsoever.I think he could end up a light heavy when he finaly matures

11. Bonos

Bonos Black Belt

Its ok for him to continue to develop, he certainly needs it, but they need to end these cheesy PPVs.

12. BR

BR Purple Belt

I was impressed I think Charles and the other commentators were being dicks. The kid used to get shit for KOing people and not getting many rounds, and not showing defense. Yesterday he was slipping punches very nicely and got in some rounds without ever looking like he was in trouble. They made a big deal about every time he got a punch landed against him, but no one ever said he was Pernell Whitaker. I thought he looked good.

13. ValeTudoShogun

ValeTudoShogun Blue Belt

I thought he looked good, progressing nicely.
    He's only 20, young and talented.
    Keep an eye on this kid, he will make waves sooner or later.

14. UND1SPUTEDFOKAI

UND1SPUTEDFOKAI Respect must be taken!

If he keeps deciding not to step up in competition then he's slapping fans in the face by making his fight PPV's when he's fighting nobodies.

C'mon how can his fights be PPV when HBO just gave us margarito/cintron and cotto/gomez for free, and is about to give us a DLH fight for free.

Chavez and his promoter charging the fans to see Chavez Jr fight nobody after nobody is a disgrace to the sport of boxing.

15. paul varelans_1

paul varelans_1 Brown Belt

lol- I was flamed for suggesting this might happen...but remember this : a Chavez in the LHW/ HW division = money machine

16. BR

BR Purple Belt

Not sure you know the whole situation. Arum has been trying to get Jr. on HBO and Sho, but they are at this point unwilling to get him a fight. Thats why he's on PPV. Arum figures its PPV where he can make what HBO would offer or fight on Versus for about 1/4 of what he gets on PPV. Until HBO or Sho give him a date he'll stay on PPV.

17. UND1SPUTEDFOKAI

UND1SPUTEDFOKAI Respect must be taken!

^Im sure its not just that HBO and Sho doesnt want him. Its more like HBO and Sho would have him IF he stepped up in competition, i guarantee you they'd put him against way tougher competition, especially HBO. Arum is probably unwilling to take that risk. Therefor we are stuck seeing Jr fight nobodies on PPV.

18. BR

BR Purple Belt

That may be true, I'm just stating what HBO and Sho have told Arum. Arum also mentioned that he found out that Jr. was actually a few years younger than he originally thought. He wouldnt say exactly how old he is though.

19. 5acrossYOeye

5acrossYOeye Silver Belt

jesus chavez jr just keeps growing.

20. lugubriousduck

lugubriousduck Banned Banned

Freaking man child. He is going to be a light heavyweight by the time he is finished growing.