Economy Warren Buffett says no textbook could have predicted the strange economy we have today

F1980

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What a strange timeline we live in. I have a feeling Trump is the reason for all this weirdness.

k9OOCER.png

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/03/buffett-no-textbook-predicted-the-strange-economy-we-have-today.html

Or maybe you've just had it artificially regulated for so long that your instincts have dulled.

I want to live in a different timeline like the Mandingo affect

So, he's suggesting that we're in for some economic turmoil soon?

Nobody knows or can predict what the market will do. That you can't predict the economy is very predictable.

34a440da09331b6355b93c9f818fed77--trading-quotes-george-soros.jpg

quote-nobody-can-predict-interest-rates-the-future-direction-of-the-economy-or-the-stock-market-peter-lynch-81-38-73.jpg

The good thing is that no U.S. president will reign long enough to cause long-term damage, unlike in some of the dictatorial cesspools. Even Putin or Hugo Chavez seemed like they were "good for the economy" for a while until reaching stagnation and decline.

I have no doubt that an unchecked reign of Trump for 20 to 30 years would cause all kinds of long-term consequences, but with just 4 to 8 year terms, I don't think there's much to worry about. I reckon that by the next 4 years (if Trump is re-elected), we will see a stagnation, but not an outright collapse.

The good thing is that no U.S. president will reign long enough to cause long-term damage, unlike in some of the dictatorial cesspools. Even Putin or Hugo Chavez seemed like they were "good for the economy" for a while until reaching stagnation and decline.

I have no doubt that an unchecked reign of Trump for 20 to 30 years would cause all kinds of long-term consequences, but with just 4 to 8 year terms, I don't think there's much to worry about. I reckon that by the next 4 years (if Trump is re-elected), we will see a stagnation, but not an outright collapse.

I doubt the president is really making those kinds of decisions. Even the economic advisors don't have full sway. Interest rates for example are set by private institutions that are connected in a global infrastructure of central banking.

In terms of budget, I'd think advisors within the political system do have sway (although influenced by lord only knows what external private entities)

Back