warning signs of cauliflower ear?

VegasFighter**

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Do you waer head gear? Are there any warning signs of it ?

right now after i roll, i have a slight pain in my ear if i touch it, and sometimes it feels warm.. I just dont want it.. Any tips?

Head Gear is the best bet. I think I have a little cauliflower already but to be honest, if you train a lot you're MOST LIKELY (not all) going to get it.

The same thing happened to me. But I already got a headgear and I will always wear it. I REALLY advise you to get one.

I have had a standup fighting background my entire life and I'm going to start working on my ground game and have been concerned about cauliflower ear. Can you guys recommend what type of head gear to get? Thanks.

YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOU GET CAULIFLOWER EAR! While grappling some ear irritation is normal. If you get cauli ear, you will know it, and unless you want randy ears, get that shit drained. AND DRAIN IT ASAP!

Ahh, don't do anything. Cauliflower ears are a badge of honor. Just a sometimes painful badge of honor.

use wrestling head gear if you want to avoid it that bad but as satchmo said wear your cauli proudly lol ... anyway the slight pain you feel now is probably not cauli but sooner or later if you train a lot you will get it

DRAIN THEM ASAP IF/WHEN YOU DO!

JackDaniels said:
YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOU GET CAULIFLOWER EAR! While grappling some ear irritation is normal. If you get cauli ear, you will know it, and unless you want randy ears, get that shit drained. AND DRAIN IT ASAP!

lol, thats very true.
Asking how will I know if I'm getting cauli ear is a little like asking how will I know I broke my arm. It hurts like a son of a bitch, and it swells up and turns purple.

You say warning signs as if Cauli is something to be avoided...

Thew warning signs are the little talked about "artichoke ear"

Followed soon after by development of "the ear of corn"

At last ending up as teh "colli urrrrr" as Nelly says it.

Isn't it Trigg's ears that now look like vagina's? Not that they turn me on or anything.

Seriously, the mods should make this question a sticky. It has been asked about 5 times since I joined already. :)

Sign of impending nasty ear: A hematoma ( like a blood blister except, in this case, colorless.) in your ear. Anything less will not result in a deformity.

Best Head Gear? Asics Gel, it is the shit.

SpartanWarrior said:
what happens if you dont train it right away?
If it is in full blood-sack mode it is already too late. If it is just a little sore, it will go away or be "stiffer" once it heals and more cartilage builds up on the affected area.

VegasFighter said:
Do you waer head gear? Are there any warning signs of it ?

right now after i roll, i have a slight pain in my ear if i touch it, and sometimes it feels warm.. I just dont want it.. Any tips?

well i got it durring wreslting. you'll know if you have full on cauliflower ear cause it will hurt like a mother f**ker. It will fill up with fluid... just trust me.. you'll know haa

if you are getting messed up ears.. work on your head position. weither its standing up or on the ground. no ones head should be on your ear. your forehead should be controling where their head goes... that is what prevents cauliflower ear. it took me a long time to figure that one out.haha oh and it helps takedowns and ground control.

Back