Warning: Keiko Raca Belt (pics)

TrumpetDan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
a week and a half ago my friend and I promoted one of my students to purple belt. I ordered a belt with no particular preference on brand.

derekpurple.jpg

The below picture is the result of a week and a half of training and is self explanitory:

belt.jpg

or he must be rolling like a monster? or rolling with a monster who loves to bite belts..? idk.

Maybe it's a sign that you should promote him to brown?

Now he won't have to drag his belt behind his car to make it look tough.

Is anyone going to believe this?

I would put this in the gear and equipment forum and I seriously doubt this is the norm with these belts.

that literally cannot happen with just use...

I contributed to ripping it by showing DLR guard with a belt grip. I was gripping firmly, but nothing crazy (the major shredding in the picture was done by me). I also ripped more of it while filming a double underhook technique so I can provide video evidence if needed. The video will be in another thread I started about analyzing worlds. Most of the damage - which I witnessed as well - was training DLR guard with belt grip with a berimbolo savvy purple belt.

I contacted our supplier and they said they have also had a number of complaints with the belt and something about them not having a typically included layer of the belt to make it light weight (I dont claim to know much about belt design - so dont ask me what this exactly means). It is probably made worse by the fact that purple belts dont sell as quickly as white/blue and was in its packaging for a longer period.

Take my experiences for what its worth.

edit:
Is anyone going to believe this?

As somebody who wears a blank gi, blank belt and has no sponsors, what would I have to gain by making such a false claim? Much of the reason I choose to do those things is so people can take me at my word when things like this happen.

Last edited:
Back