Warning - Controversial opinion on Georges St. Pierre

Yes, he doesn't have any killer instinct anymore. That's why he trained his ass off to come back from a potentially career ending injury and when he almost got wiped out by Condit he fought through it, recovered and came back to beat the shit out of Condit the rest of the fight. If that doesn't show lacking heart and willpower, then I don't know what is.

Get the fuck out.

Pretty much this

What was so different in the Condit fight? If anything, he actually surprised me how much he engaged on the feet with Condit. It nearly cost him.

Georges has been a very conservative, safe fighter since the Serra upset and that's not going to change.

GSP does not have the talent that Silva has.
GSP needs to fight safe to win.
The opinion is not controversial,
GSP does not dominate his opponents technically.

imo gsp came out standing more than people expected because he has some fire in him and wanted to prove a point. other than the one kick george was winning the stand up. what surprised most people and impressed them was condits ability off his back.

that said i think that hendricks is the first legit test gsp has had since his first bj fight. diaz will be an easy win.

gsp should avoid anderson (for himself not for the fans). if chael cant put him on his back and keep him there i dont think gsp can. if condit defended off his back that well then i dont think gsp can do enough with his td's anyways

GSP does not have the talent that Silva has.
GSP needs to fight safe to win.
The opinion is not controversial,
GSP does not dominate his opponents technically.

So how does he do it? via twitter?

TS could be correct but it is still only opinion. Gsp is still in top shape and dominating opponents with years left in him. I doubt he'll retire before he loses again.

I agree that GSP isnt a fighter's fighter, but fuck havent we known this since he got the belt back?

Condit was a champ from another organization and is probably the 2nd best guy in the division. How the fuck does GSP barely beating him have any merit to his decline since hes been decisioning people ever since I can remember.

I love how people forget that he was out for a year before returning for that fight.

Try leaving anything for a year and coming back at the same level as before.

There was some cage rust but GSP looked pretty impressive overall. The way he recovered from the kick clearly shows he still has the desire to win.

I love how people forget that he was out for a year before returning for that fight.

Try leaving anything for a year and coming back at the same level as before.

i dont think I will ever see the day when he dominates again, he is over the hill,
the competition is getting alot more tougher.
He is no anderson silva, GSP body is beaten up.

he has not been dominating, as like AS does with his opponents

I think you're confusing dominating and finishing. Just because you finish your opponent does not mean you dominated him.

Georges St. Pierre doesn't have it anymore. He's lost it and it showed in the Carlos Condit fight. That's not to say he didn't give a good performance, or didn't convincingly defeat Condit either. It means that GSP has told us he doesn't want it anymore. He doesn't have the killer edge or desire any longer.

I think St. Pierre is a very intelligent, proud guy with incredible self-awareness, which is why his career has seen as much praise as it has criticism. In his post fight interviews, St. Pierre would always apologize for his performance and criticize/dissect it. He's spoke openly and often about his legacy, which shows that he thinks seriously about his career. Maybe Georges hasn't acknowledged it yet, but he showed it to us in his outclassing of Carlos - Georges might be done.

This isn't necessarily a criticism; few UFC champions have had to go through the murderers row of opponents that Georges did to get his shot. If anything, he deserves the right to pick his opponents - he's earned it. However, he is going to get hurt. Once his athleticism starts to slip, he will no longer be able to out-grit his opponents. It could be as soon as a fight with Jonny Hendricks, or it could be 2 years from now.

tl;dr - st pierre should cushion his career with 2-3 big money fights, and then retire

I couldnt disagree more with you.

He came back from a 19 month lay off, dominated a guy for nearly 5 rounds aside from the head kick. Went after the finish standing in the pocket and throwing power shots, trading with Condit. Not how he usually fights.

After that.....he doesnt fight Hendricks or Anderson, but rather goes after Nick Diaz, a guy he doesnt like personally and wants to beat for those reasons.

I think he has it more then ever. He's motivated and looks great.

Meh he looked more aggressive than normal until he get rocked.

GSP ain't going nowhere.

I think GSP will prove he still has it against Diaz. I'm looking forward to the intense amounts of butthurt after Diaz gets handled.

Georges St. Pierre doesn't have it anymore. He's lost it and it showed in the Carlos Condit fight. That's not to say he didn't give a good performance, or didn't convincingly defeat Condit either. It means that GSP has told us he doesn't want it anymore. He doesn't have the killer edge or desire any longer.

I think St. Pierre is a very intelligent, proud guy with incredible self-awareness, which is why his career has seen as much praise as it has criticism. In his post fight interviews, St. Pierre would always apologize for his performance and criticize/dissect it. He's spoke openly and often about his legacy, which shows that he thinks seriously about his career. Maybe Georges hasn't acknowledged it yet, but he showed it to us in his outclassing of Carlos - Georges might be done.

This isn't necessarily a criticism; few UFC champions have had to go through the murderers row of opponents that Georges did to get his shot. If anything, he deserves the right to pick his opponents - he's earned it. However, he is going to get hurt. Once his athleticism starts to slip, he will no longer be able to out-grit his opponents. It could be as soon as a fight with Jonny Hendricks, or it could be 2 years from now.

tl;dr - st pierre should cushion his career with 2-3 big money fights, and then retire

mods can you just delete threads like this....clearly bullshit hate

i dont think I will ever see the day when he dominates again, he is over the hill,
the competition is getting alot more tougher.
He is no anderson silva, GSP body is beaten up.

this post ^^ clearly shows that even though he has an account since 05 that it doesn't mean he knows anything about MMA lol

Back