Warning - Controversial opinion on Georges St. Pierre

Your out you're damn mind dude. Georges looked better than ever against Condit. Quit fucking hating

Thought he looked great against Condit personally.

He still showed some obvious ring rust, but after an injury like that and against arguably his most dangerous opponent... idk what you guys fucking expect.

I don't think he was @ 100% again by any means, but this thread is just fucking retarded.

Nice subtle troll thread
2411589_o.gif

Agreed! No way gsp taps or KO's Nick. The only way gsp gets the W is to hump Nick for 25 minutes of more boring, vintage, gsp lnp

How can a Picasso fan be so dense

Unlike a lot of these Sherdoggers I don't think you're an idiot. I disagree with your opinion but I'm not going to act like you said he sucks.

Condit fight was an excellent performance. One rough spot, which he easily survived and a dominant performance in which he won at least 4 rounds(probably all 5).

I disagree 100%. He looked great against Condit and will look even better after he totally smashes Diaz.

Gsp will fight the way he fights, excellently, until someone makes change his style. Then he will change and excell at that style. Why would he change whilst he's winning?

Agreed! No way gsp taps or KO's Nick. The only way gsp gets the W is to hump Nick for 25 minutes of more boring, vintage, gsp lnp

Yep. The only way that he would beat Nick would be to lay and pray him, just like he lay and prayed that gash into Condit's head....

I would be looking to leave if I was GSP- maybe Diaz and if he wins another contender or 2 and gone- as an all time great, in prime big win streak. Not fade and move up/down divisions and all that, new coaches blah blah blah. Hes smart and has other interests so while still early 30s time to leave like a good athlete should. Or maybe he blows all his cash on diamonds and cocaine and rolls royce gracies and needs the money man. Probably not

Man I love the "GSP isnt really that great threads lol" seriously if you're so bored you need to make these kinda threads, try taking a walk, play some disc golf or something, the guy has lost 2 fights ever, avenged both losses and is a great ambassador for the sport...might nick Diaz beat him? yeah, he might, Nick Diaz is a great fighter as well...as a matter of fact, everyone in the UFC is a great fighter relative to the average mma fighter and GSP has dominated his weight class since before most of his detractors watched their first TUF show...of course everyones entitled to their own opinion on whatever but come on lol wtf? I just dont get it, when you're in the cage with someone, both peoples goal is to win the match, and since 2007, no ones been able to do that against him, the man is awesome, dont like his style? dont watch his fights then, cuz he isnt all of a sudden going to turn into a MT striker or anything, he is what he is and is damn good at what he does

This isn't controversial, it's retarded. Big difference. GSP dominates the best fighters on the planet for 5 rounds.

GSP went through months of rehab for a potential career changing injury, got dropped with a solid headkick, recovered, and out-classed Condit. He was much more aggressive in this fight than in his recent ones, both on the ground and on the feet.

This thread makes no sense.

Wat?

By dominating his toughest opponent in a long time, he's lost it?

I'm out.

I wouldn't make this assumption based on the Condit fight, just because someone looks good doesn't mean they didn't have ring rust. Plus when do guys ever beat Condit convincingly? Since 2006 he's lost once, that was a SD to Kampmann that I think Carlos won. I also think the Ellenburger fight should have been a draw, but that's neither here nor there. Point is, GSP looked fantastic for a guy coming back after an 18 month layoff fighting a killer like Carlos Condit. Now he's gonna fight Nick Diaz, we'll see where he is in his career in this fight.

you got something there. That was not the first fight that I saw GSP going through the motion. I saw it with Shields too. A fight nowaday is like a skill demonstration for Georges. To DEMONSTRATE that he is BETTER SKILLED than his opponent, not necessarily kicking his opponent's ass. Notice that you don't even need to be better skilled than an opponent to kick his ass. The first is a competition, like getting to the finish line faster (getting more points), the latter is an adversarial conflict. GSP doesn't like conflicts so he'll be happy outpointing you.

And no opponent can do anything about it...

Maybe Georges hasn't acknowledged it yet, but he showed it to us in his outclassing of Carlos - Georges might be done.

No. If he would have lost though, maybe he would have shown us that he's done. Defeating Condit convincingly does not in any way, shape or form show us that he's done. What he did in fact do is show us he's far from done.

Your thesis is based upon an illogical assumption. I do not approve.

If a GSP who "doesn't have it anymore" handily defeats fighters as talented as Carlos Condit, that makes him one scary guy!

This was my first thought. Carlos is a fuckin' destroyer and GSP tooled him the entire fight except for a kick he couldn't see and which he certainly would have avoided if he did.

TS has spent way the fuck too much time watching MMA and not enough time doing MMA if he thinks Georges isn't a fighter anymore. This is stupid to the point of offensive.

He handled the ring rust well. Lot of non fighters/athletes dont understand how difficult it is to comeback aftet serious injury.

Back